92 F350 headlights not working right

VENOMOUS

Reaction score
I just got a 92 F350 the other week and my headlights are funky. When I turn on the lights all I have is high beams and they only work with the multifunction switch in the position for the low beams to work. When I put the multifunction switch in the position for the high beams to work the lights turn off although a few times the first few days I had the truck the low beams would work in the high beam position. Also when I pull the switch back for the flash to pass nothing changes. I bought a new multifunction switch hoping this would remedy my problem but it didn't. I thought about getting a new headlight switch but it just seems to me that the problem might be elsewhere.

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just for S&G....pull the bulbs out of the fishbowls and take a look at the filaments to be sure they are not sagging and touching each other. It's a longshot, but minus well start at the simplest.

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Most people go to the relay wiring setup to protect the headlight switch also. Perhaps this would help your situation. Schematic

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Joe, you forgot to make that album public viewable. Only you can see it.

pafixitman

Reaction score
Agnem said:
Joe, you forgot to make that album public viewable. Only you can see it.

Webshots is saying it is a public album. :confused: I "resaved" the album properties. The same pic is at TDS, I just figured it was an insult to OB to link there!

Russ

Idont do injectors
Reaction score
Joe, I tracked down your picture off of tds

Attachments

• bad headlight plug.jpg
    bad headlight plug.jpg
    26.5 KB · Views: 11
Last edited:

pafixitman

Reaction score
Ah, my link is wrong, not the album. I'll edit the post. You know there are only so many windows I want open while my boss makes the rounds! :D