92 f250 TTB Front ads a leaf

jay_t

Reaction score
Between bump stop and stock leafs 3/4". Stock height is 1 1/2", right? Will add a leafs bring it back to close enough to stock without going too far over that it can't be aligned? If you have done this, I would appreciate your input.

ghunt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's usally the front shackle bushings....and get somebody to put polyurethane bushings in those front shackles if you can (I think it requires a press). I changed them out on mine but it didn't make much of a difference in ride height, that heavy front end just beats the crap out of those rubber bushings.

I almost did add-a-leaf on mine but was advised it would make the ride even worse, so I sold them.

K-nite

Reaction score
It will work, but the ride is rougher. I pulled mine out in less than a year. I also used the add a leaf with a reverse shackle kit to smooth out the ride, didn't help much. I ended buying new springs because it couldn't hold the alignment. On the TTB every bump you hit messes with the alignment and the springs keep sagging over time. I'm currently running the reverse shackle with new springs and no alignment issues or hitting bump stops, with 3" clearance. My old springs with weight had about 2"+ sag from level, 3/4" to bump stop and new springs are less than 1" sag. It depends how far you want to go and funds. I'd check front shackles and spring bushings first.

HS108

Diesel Newb
Reaction score
I have an Add a leaf on my truck right now, I only have about 3k miles on it since I bought it, but I can tell you it rides rough, you can feel every bump, even after I put new bilsteins all around. At first I thought my leafs were toast and it was hitting the bump stops, but after reading this thread and a few others I think it might be a combo of my Add-a-leaf and worn bushings.

I am going to try and get some time to look at the suspension and my distance between my bumps stop and leafs.

My other question is will 350 springs increase my right height? I like the look of a level truck, but my kidneys cant keep taking a beating like they are now with the Add-a-leaf. I mainly use my truck for towing my jeep, and sunday driving back and forth to work sometimes. I just want a nice level truck and maybe enough lift to bump up to 285's to help bring my rpms down due to my 4:10s

One more, are the poly bushings better than rubber ones? I understand you may feel more vibes with poly, and im ok with that, because its a diesel not a caddy, but for crying out loud my change pops out of my ashtry I ride so rough now.

franklin2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have read the f350 springs are different because they are made for the straight axle on the 85.5-up f350's. I keep hearing they are softer than the ttb springs, so they may not work correctly with the ttb frontend.

Ruger_556

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have read the f350 springs are different because they are made for the straight axle on the 85.5-up f350's. I keep hearing they are softer than the ttb springs, so they may not work correctly with the ttb frontend.

That is correct. TTB front ends put a twisting force on the springs and not just vertical.

Sycostang67

Scooty Puff Junior
Reaction score
I installed used AAL springs on the front of my truck along with new poly bushings and it rides just fine. I think because they already had a few thousand miles of flexing it made them a bit softer. I also installed the Energy Suspension poly bushings which do not require a press to install. The axle pivot bushings do, but not the spring bushings.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
olsen726