'90 F350 Crewcab 4x4 "BFTD" Project..

AcIdBuRn02ZTS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The square head pipe plug on the head looks to be 1/2" npt. It's the same as the temp sender so I'll check the parts store website to verify.

AcIdBuRn02ZTS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Found some dowels in stock and will be picking them up after work. If I have time, I'll sit the head in place tonight and hopefully button it up this weekend.

More to come.

AcIdBuRn02ZTS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
MMmmmm... 4 core goodness...

You must be registered for see images attach

AcIdBuRn02ZTS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We got the other head sat in place... didnt have much spare time to work on the truck but a buddy stopped by and helped me heave it in. Dropped a few bolts in and snugged them up just to keep things in place until Sunday afternoon.

Hopefully I'll get it back together by sunday evening and get to hear it run again... We'll see.

AcIdBuRn02ZTS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It is... But even if it wasn't, there is a pipe plug in the driver's side head. Easy enough to swap the fitting and plug.

I'm pretty sure that these heads were both passenger side heads as the temp sender for the high idle and cold advance is on both heads... It's on the rear on the driver's side where there should be a pipe plug.

Otherwise, the head I have on the pass. side has the nipple for the heater core and the driver's side has a plug in that location.

AcIdBuRn02ZTS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Finished buttoning up the driver's side head and pulled the valley pan..

Got everything cleaned up and installed the new pan with a light coat of paint...

Prepped the intake and got it in place along with the injection pump.

All of the main hard parts are now back in place. I called it a night as the weather hasn't been cooperating. Plans are to drain the oil pan tomorrow after work and fill it it up with rotella 15w40.. then crank it over with the valve covers off and injectors out to build oil pressure and make sure everything is moving/oiling as it should be. Then I'll get the sheet metal back on along with the front accessory drive. I was able to heat up the main bracket and get the idler pulley pulled off without damage. I'm going to clean everything up and give it all a good coat of anti-seize to aide in future removal/repair.

More to come soon hopefully. Weather is supposed to clear out tomorrow and its supposed to be nice out most of the week. We'll see.

AcIdBuRn02ZTS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Compared to others I've seen, it certainly does however there are no kinks in the line like it's been bent and it lines up with the timing adapter.

Not sure what to think about it... Doesn't leak and the odd bend looks factory even though it's nothing like the ones I've seen before...??

AcIdBuRn02ZTS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well it runs...

I don't have the cooling system plumbed so I only let it run for 15 seconds or so. It was long enough to purge the air, build oil pressure, and check for ticking...

No more tapping from the exhaust... No odd noises from the valve train or intake... So far, so good.

I'll drop the new radiator in tomorrow after work and button up the accessory drive.. Then see what it'll do.

Hopefully, third time's a charm.

AcIdBuRn02ZTS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well... hopefully all is well again. Cooling system is plumbed.. let the truck run for 30-45minutes with no odd noises other then the vac. pump (have a line off at the dist. block so its making a funny noise...

Other then that, with the 4 core in and the fan shroud back on, after the t-stat opened, it held a rock solid 183F. Oil pressure stayed just a tic above 20psi on the gauge when hot. No leaks.. no funny business so far. Also got the coolant filter mounted and plumbed.

Just a few more little things to button up and it should be ready for its maiden voyage.

4 core sexyness...

Filter head mounted/plumbed.. T'd bypass style between the heater core supply and return lines. I ended up deleting the large solenoid and installed a standard 40amp 4 pin relay in its place. Takes up much less space and gave me room to mount the filter base.

Video is still uploading...

-Edit-
And here it is up and running again... the sound you hear in the engine bay that sounds like a slight tic was coming from the vac. pump. Had an open port on the block so it wasn't holding vacuum.
http://vidmg.photobucket.com/albums/v75/AcIdBuRn52383/F350%20Crew/VID_20160322_185402362_zpsixz6lsyf.mp4

Anyways, went back out to the shop for a few hours after the wife went to bed and got almost everything buttoned up. Everything underhood is done other then double checking everything again. Went on and changed the trans fluid and hung a portion of the exhaust. Only things left are to fix a few wiring gremlins with the rear lighting on the flatbed.. swap the rear tires for my good ones... and just check everything over. Perhaps I'll be able to take it for a drive tomorrow or thursday... We'll see.

If fundage allows, I'll also be ordering the raptor liner to spray the body in the upcoming weeks... really looking forward to cleaning this thing up a bit.

More to come soon hopefully.

Last edited:

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can sure hear shiit shhiit shiit of vacuum but other than that nothing jumping out at me....

Thamks for update....waiting for more.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ntjapkes

Members online