89 CC build thread Frame off resto!! - Bad Idea

War Wagon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The keyless remote/ key pad would definitely be worthy of a tech article. Can't wait to see it all finished.

junk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Once I get to reloading the door stuff I'll work up an article. I was busting butt for a while on this. I'm finally ready to paint the cab and doors. Took a while to get the doors acceptable. Next task is to finish masking and squirt some paint. I'll post pictures once I get some paint on.

junk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well I finally got some color on this. I painted the outside of the firewall. And it turned out awesome. I'll get pictures posted later. Tonight I plan to paint the roof.

junk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know it's just the firewall, but I'm happy with how it turned out and I really like the color. Tonight I'm going out to paint the roof. I'm doing it in stages to keep it simple. The firewall got painted first so I could bolt the cab on whenever and because the firewall has a bunch of goofy angles and wasn't a critical area for runs or dry spots if I had problems. I want to paint the roof next so I can lean on the pillars without fear of scratching them. And then it's just done.Then I'm onto the doors and the sides. I'm two-toning the bottom of the cab so I'll have to do some fancy masking there, but that shouldn't be a big deal.

You must be registered for see images attach

junk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here's a picture of the roof I painted on sunday. I was super pumped with how smooth the clear layed out. I also am getting anxious to get the color out in the sunshine to see how it looks. Next is to paint the sides of the cab and the doors. I'm hoping to have that done yet this week.

junk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Currently sitting in the shop waiting for paint to dry. Cab and doors should be copper before I go in. I'm going to two tone it later once everything is together to get the twotone straight.

junk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Arizona Beige is the second color all though the arizona beige looks like Arizona silver in the can. I'm interested to shoot it to make sure it's beige.

Here's some pictures of my painting session from last night. Bugs killed me. Everything should sand out, but I hate bugs. I did paint the jambs and then onto the main panels so I kind of expected a couple runs. Nothing big. Here again should sand out fine. After assembly and everything is sitting good I'll add the bottom color and fix any thing in the dark copper that needs it. I figured that even if the paint was perfect with all the assembly I have to do it will be a miracle to not end up with some sort of paint damage. I was really happy with how the body work turned out. Most shops would have probably junked all the front doors I had and probably skinned the rear doors. So they look straight and that is good. Orange peel is from good to great on most surfaces. So I was happy with how the clear layed out. I'm not going to mess with the runs or bugs until I prep for the beige. I mixed 4 quarts of sealer, 4 quarts of color and 4 quarts of clear. That was 1 coat of sealer on everything, 2 coats of color on everything, and 2 coats of clear on everything. It wouldn't hurt my feelings to clear the sides with a couple more coats of clear when I do the beige. Oh and all of this was just the cab. I still have the front clip and bed sides to do. I'll definitely pick up 2 more quarts of paint and another gallon of clear. Oh and another gallon of epoxy primer/sealer. I put a lot of material on, but didn't feel like it all went in the air.

I started painting about 10:00 and finished up around 2:00AM. It is always a 4 hour window to seal, paint and clear it seems like.

I was pretty happy with how smooth this turned out.:sly

junk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hung all the doors last night. They all fit and we didnt scratch anything up. I was pleased.

junk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
All right here are a couple shots showing the cab with the doors on. Now I need to get the cab bolted on the frame and start getting the wiring and interior back in. I'm getting excited, because we're starting to get into the assembly stage.

sorry for the foggy looking pictures. I'll play with that later and see if I can get better pictures on the next ones I post.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MadScientist

Members online