86 f250 Front End rebuild kit help

6T9burner

Reaction score
Hey guys. I'm starting to get all ***** and elbows into the 86 F250 that I just picked up. The c6 is shot as is the front end. So, that's where I'm going to start. Does anyone have a lead on a complete parts king for a front end rebuild? I've looked around, but have only seen piece-meal. Also, are there other parts kits that work for this truck that I could look for?

Thewespaul

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I would go to rock auto and order everything you need there. Usually a “kit” has cheaper parts than if you just ordered individual parts. If you’re redoing the entire front end I would replace all bushings with poly and look into doing the body mounts as well

tjsea

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I ordered the parts individually from rockauto, but I think PST may make a kit.

david85

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Assuming this is for the 2wd twin I-beam suspension, you need the kingpin set:
You must be registered for see images attach

Hopefully this direct link will work.

http://www.rockauto.com/en/catalog/...+v8+diesel,1124020,steering,king+pin+set,7340

Be warned that the brass bushings will need to be pressed into your spindles and then honed to fit the pins. You'll need to take them to a machine shop to get this done.

That's the easy part though. Getting the old pins out will be the hardest part. Manual suggests using a brass drift to drive them out but this rarely works after 30+ years. I managed to beat mine out with a steel chisel and sledge hammer but damaged the I beam in the process. The other side was solved by removing the whole I-beam from the truck and positioning it on a 50 ton shop press.

snicklas

6.0 and Loving It!!
Staff member
Reaction score
Not sure if they make them for the older trucks, but if they do XRF!!!! Put a set in my 03 6.0, very high quality stuff!!!!

FORDF250HDXLT

The life of an Indian is like the wings of the air
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hopefully Moog is not too bad... my mechanic put some of their stuff in my front end...

I run all MOOG up front on my chip truck (F250 dually convert.D50 still up front.)
full

Closing in on 93,000 issue free miles.:cool

One of the grease fittings (I think the lower pass) ball joints seized up a few years ago.Never been able to take grease.Figured I'd just run 'er and replace it when it fails but she's still like new too.Strict commercial safety inspections here.Front end's they don't allow any wiggle room with.

Last edited:

FORDF250HDXLT

The life of an Indian is like the wings of the air
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah, but you replaced yours years ago before they sent downhill. Lol

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Maybe.All the parts were marked "MADE IN U.S.A."
(Just looked at my records for the year: 2011)

Federal Mogul - Moog Upper & Lower Ball Joints #K80026/#K8435
Federal Mogul - Moog Inner Tie Rods
#DS1072/#DS1069
Federal Mogul - Moog Outer Tie Rods
#ES2728L/#ES2727R

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lance

Members online