84' f-250 and replacement body panels

mankypro

Learning Slowly...
Reaction score
Just got a replacement tailgate from LMC and I must say that I'm fairly impressed with the thickness of the sheet metal and quality of manufacture, given the price.

Seeing as the replacement body panels are so inexpensive, I'm considering replacing the existing driver's quarter panel with one of these - I haven't looked too hard, but hoped someone here had done this before - are the quarter panels bolt on?

Sure would be cheaper than having the bit of cancer on it repaired.

Dieselguy123

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Front or rear? The rear quarters are not bolt on, They have about 15-20 spot welds on the inner bed rail seam and have about 10-15 on the front and rear of the bed. I did both rears on mine and instead of welding I used that body adheasive......expensive but it worked great......No grinding, no warped metal.;Sweet

6 Nebraska IDIs

Reaction score
I've done all kinds of body work, mainly on old cars, but Im in the middle of rebuilding what I need to with the new body for grandpas truck (83) and I've been somewhat disappointed with some of the stuff. Most of the curves are in the right spot but they always seem to screw one line up somewhere, making me have to reform that line in the pannel to where its supposed to be.
But gauge wise, Im very impressed with the panels I have received. I have only used patch panels, so I guess Im more into it than what you would want to be, since you have to butt weld and form the patches in.

mankypro

Learning Slowly...
Reaction score
Part of the reason I'm going with complete panels. They're just not that much more expensive...

I've done all kinds of body work, mainly on old cars, but Im in the middle of rebuilding what I need to with the new body for grandpas truck (83) and I've been somewhat disappointed with some of the stuff. Most of the curves are in the right spot but they always seem to screw one line up somewhere, making me have to reform that line in the pannel to where its supposed to be.
But gauge wise, Im very impressed with the panels I have received. I have only used patch panels, so I guess Im more into it than what you would want to be, since you have to butt weld and form the patches in.