84 6.9 help

Glsawyer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
New tank. New li es. New dura-lift pump. New GPU's. Dies when warm wont restart. No smoke from exhaust. So ip is shot.

So i have a spare from a 89 7.3 with 87k miles.
Can I just bolt it to my motor?

Thewespaul

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yep the ip will bolt into place, you will just need to swap your corresponding fittings from your pump but they will otherwise swap. Of course you could always just have me rebuild it for you so you don’t ever have to touch it again :)

Macrobb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
New tank. New li es. New dura-lift pump. New GPU's. Dies when warm wont restart. No smoke from exhaust. So ip is shot.
Erm... check your fuel shut off wire. That's the most likely case, you've got the fuel shut off and cold advance wires swapped.

IPs don't fail that way - if it will start cold, it isn't going to die when warm. It may not start when the IP is too hot(heat soaked), but it will never die on you due to that.

Glsawyer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Erm... check your fuel shut off wire. That's the most likely case, you've got the fuel shut off and cold advance wires swapped.

IPs don't fail that way - if it will start cold, it isn't going to die when warm. It may not start when the IP is too hot(heat soaked), but it will never die on you due to that.

Wires are fine. But I've even swapped injectors with the same motor. Everything has been swapped but the ip.

Glsawyer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yep the ip will bolt into place, you will just need to swap your corresponding fittings from your pump but they will otherwise swap. Of course you could always just have me rebuild it for you so you don’t ever have to touch it again :)

Cuz I cant afford it

Selahdoor

How can I help you, or make you laugh, today?
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wires are fine. But I've even swapped injectors with the same motor. Everything has been swapped but the ip.
It would only take a second to swap the two wires, just for kicks and grins... :)

Won't cost anything, either. ;)