83 F250 4x4 6.9 T-19 going on CL

jcarr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok i wanted to get rid of this faster than this but as i just got the bed off of it yesterday its here a bit longer.

Running 6.9l 3/4 ton for sale $500

does have a bad rear end but lost of other good parts

goes to the crusher at the end of the month

Attachments

• IMG00356.jpg
    IMG00356.jpg
    769.2 KB · Views: 26
  • IMG00357.jpg
    IMG00357.jpg
    693.3 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG00359.jpg
    IMG00359.jpg
    717 KB · Views: 20

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score

goes to the crusher at the end of the month

Are you insane? There's probably a line of people here who would take that off your hands including me, who would be standing at the front of it, but... your in the middle of nowhere.... LOL

jcarr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mel call it $800 and I'll meet you in effingham IL with it.

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That's a nice offer, but I still can't swing it. Got too many other irons in the fire, and not a free weekend in site until next year.

Fishin76

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey, If you don't sell it, I'll pay ya 20 + shipping to take the speedo drive gear out of the TC and send it to me... it's easy to remove

jcarr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Its a work truck but could be a nice work truck. Engine tranny and transfer case alone are worth what I'm asking. I would advise putting it on a trailer. The diff cover is missing and no way to lube the rearend. That's how I bought it. I don't know that there is anything wrong with the rearend. I was told that the rearend quit pulling and the PO pulled the rear drive shaft put it and 4wd and drove it around the farm another two weeks before pulling the diff cover. Truck has sat about a year with the rear diff open. This truck was a feed truck on about a 500 acre ranch and was equiped with a round bale spear and a cube feeder.

Brimmstone

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'd buy it but the one month deadline kills it for me.

IDIDieselJohn

0-60....eventually
Reaction score
To bad your not closer to me, I've been looking for a 1983 6.9 diesel for so long now. I know it's the worst year for the 6.9 but it's also the first year, and the start of a legacy! And what would later become one of the best light duty diesels ever!!

memphisrain

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Scrap value is in the crapper, you might as well donate it to goodwill or give it away before crushing it.

Just my $0.02, of course.

mR

FordGuy100

Reaction score
Actually....when I'm down there I might as well come up and throw it on a trailer...looks like a real good deal. How does it run?

jcarr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ford guy I'm located just outside of tulsa about a four hour drive from dallas.
Memphis I don't know what scrap price is where you are but I've been getting $100 a ton for the last couple of months.

jcarr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Haven't ran it a lot. I bought it 10-24-09 and fired it off that evening but only let it idle for a few mins. I really know very little about the truck other than what was told to me by family members of the PO at an estate auction. I paid more than I had intended to for the truck simply cause it had the 6.9 in it and I knew I could recoup some of the money selling the cab and chassis as I only wanted the bed.