83-86 Diesel cluster with tach on flebay.

6 Nebraska IDIs

Reaction score
That is a bit strange. But i've seen them parked all the way over too, and nothing be wrong with them. Im gonna keep an eye on that one. I've already got one lined up, but I want one with a trip meter in it.

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Heck, I can run over and pick that up at lunch time. I'll bid on it if nobody else needs it, otherwise I'll pass. I'd get it just to stock it.

G. Mann

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just bid on it........ been wanting a tach for a long time and found a decent sender in the bone yard so should have what I need if this one works.

"shotgun" dibs?

6 Nebraska IDIs

Reaction score
You can have it G. I wont snipe a brother. I'm a strong believer in if a member needs it more that me, or calls dibs I wont bid on it.
so long as the cluster I've already go lined up has a tach in it, I have another lead on a nice speedo that I can pull from a gas burner and build me a cluster with the trip meter in it.

hesutton

The Anti-Anderson
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The tach probally doesn't work. It should be at zero RPM, it seems to be stuck at 2400. Not a good sign.;Really

Heath

fellro86

Reaction score
If they moved it around after removing it, it is possible the needle simply moved, and hasn't gone back. They may have even taken the pic with it laying flat. It's just electronic, they don't have anything to keep them zero'd until the power comes on.

G. Mann

Full Access Member
Reaction score
6 Nebraska..... thanks for the consideration brother oil burner.... this is such a great group of folks I feel guilty for calling "dibs".... Ya'll put the "Fun" back in F-0-R-D.

I'll take the gamble that it can be made to work if it can be picked up without a new mortgage on the house. Like you, I'm planning to use a gasser speedo with a trip meter and build up a new cluster. Those I can find and I've located an instrument shop local that can repair them to look new, maybe they can put life back in the old tach also if it needs help.

6 Nebraska IDIs

Reaction score
Not a problem man, I've been in the position of bidding on something and having another member want it and outbid me, and had to outbid him. I just dont think its right. If a brother wants it, and calls dibs outright then I let them have it. That simple.
My auction was for a set of brand new Alcoa wheels, purrrrdy too. I got em! lol
You must be registered for see images

BTW, that cluster looks new, all the pointers are bright orange like they should be, and it even has a speedo with the trip meter in it.

mankypro

Learning Slowly...
Reaction score
Anyone know of a direct fit analog tach replacement for the OEM tach? I've tried a used tach and it isn't tracking rpms properly with new sensor and cable. SO I figured I'd just jury rig a tach on the dash until I can find an operational OEM tach to stick in the dash.

I want to use the OEM pickup sensor and cabling - any ideas? Oh and I want it to be analog.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
olsen726

Members online