76 300d Rust repair thread(nice pics)

1994Diesel

Constantly thinking
Reaction score

The Warden

MiB Impersonator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Why would your registration bill get higher each year??? Mine gets lower & i'm only one state away from you.
Can you explain this better? I dont understand about CARB and older diesels. Why wouldnt they be "grandfathered in"??? :dunno
Basically, the state's trying to pressure people to get rid of their older vehicles...especially pickup trucks.

As far as not grandfathering in older diesels, it's because the CARB's packed with radical enviro-whackos who have no oversight whatsoever and don't care about the state's economy or small businesses. Given the unique problem California has with a large and highly mobile population and with all of the valleys that get so badly smogged up, I can actually understand why CA needs its own environmental regulation agency, but it needs to be reformed...there needs to be SOME sort of oversight and accountability. As things stand, they can pretty much dictate whatever they feel like, and people on the board are using that to their own political advantage -cuss -cuss -cuss

1994Diesel

Constantly thinking
Reaction score
Welder crapped out

Well, I have made almost little to no progress. My welder had crapped out. I am using Inner flux corred wire in my campbell and hausfeld welder. It welds like crap now. I have changed out the wire, but it is extremly unpredictable as far as wire speed goes and weld heat. :mad:

So, I almost want to get an oxy/acetylene outfit to replace it. I like that welding much more, but I dont know how well that would do on the sheet metal. :dunno