70's F-500/F-600 with C-6 trans

whd507

Reaction score
anybody know where one can be found? I want a parts truck with this combo, or really just the steering column and all the linkage. I want to put a E40D in the F-600, but finding one from an F-superduty F-450 (because it has the E-brake on the tailshaft) is getting hard to find, the only one I've found they want $2k for...

I figured a C-6 would be stronger, and an aux trans could be installed later. my bigger tires should help a little too.

if you know of one in the western states, or where parts can be located, I'd appreciate it

Haulinhazmat

Reaction score
F-600 Parts truck

Hi New guy here with first post. I would suggest you not over look the F100 thru the F-350 for cab parts. F-100 doors fit the F-600 and the seats and dash parts from a f-250 bolt right in. Check out that steering colum you need. Worked for me. :D my .02

Duke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Haulinhazmat,

WELCOME TO THE SITE!!!!! Please hang out and throw your .02 in whenever you want. ;Sweet

What kind of hazmat do you haul and what do you haul it in?

whd507

Reaction score
I have lots of little trucks for various parts, but the pickup door handles are impossible to open on a bigger truck, because you are below them.

the floorplan, and steering column are wildly different also.

the reason I'm looking for one with a C-6 is I can use those original parts to use an E40D in this truck. they were optionable with a C-6, but I've never seen one.

Haulinhazmat

Reaction score
parts trucks

I can't remember any problems I had but this was on 73' model year trucks in about 1996 so age has taken its toll.

Duke. I retired in 1999 after 30 years on the road. I pulled tankers hauling Liquid Hydrogen we were the guys who filled the space shuttles.

Ggg

Reaction score
Roland_Jenkins said:
A ford FMX transmission would also work for you.
I wouldn't think a FMX will hold up to a well built 6 cyl in a car let alone a medium duty truck.

whd507 Welcome to the site. I have worked on a lot of those series F-trucks but I do not remember seeing any with a C-6. The only autos I ever saw were Allisons behind diesels. So the C-6 must be a real odd option.

Jarlaxle

Bregan D'aerthe
Reaction score
Do not desecrate this truck with a slushpump! :mad:

If you must, look for a 1997-up E-Super Duty/E-450 for the driveline-clamp E-brake.

But, you really need to hold on to the handshaker. :p

Copper

Reaction score
The only F-series trucks I've seen had a Morse tower that hung under the dash - I suppose then the column wouldn't necessarily be different.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
olsen726

Members online