7.8l??

ameristar1

The One Blue Thing
Reaction score
That's a New Holland/Brazilian Ford straight 6 turbodiesel. Came in 6.6 and 7.8l sizes; parent bore block (like a 5.9 Cummins), inline pump (Bosch P style). Kinda doggy and slow from the factory, but the same tricks to turn the Cummins up work. Sensitive to too much timing, but a few bolt ons and a pump tune they fly. They are direct injected motors.

DeepRoots

Tug Engineer
Reaction score
we had one in a f600 dumptruck. was a gutless ****. never did mess with it as far as performance tho.
That truck, one foot was always pushing one pedal or another to the floor.

91f2504x4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There are severl of those things in the local big truck junkyard, but not a single DT466. I went there the other days looking for a 466 for a pulling tractor project and all I could find were those old inline ford motors sitting everywhere.

ameristar1

The One Blue Thing
Reaction score
There are severl of those things in the local big truck junkyard, but not a single DT466. I went there the other days looking for a 466 for a pulling tractor project and all I could find were those old inline ford motors sitting everywhere.

We have plenty DT's up here in the Midwest, my local truck place has piles of them. If you need a number let me know.

tractorman86

Reaction score
the 6.6 and 7.8 where a great medium duty motor, very stout block and just well put togather. as mentioned they where never a hot rod but i'd bet with a few mods you could make one humm if you can pick one up in desent running condition for less than a grand you are doing good dont go any more though, there is an abundance of them

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JFMac

Members online