7.3 oil cooler problem

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
In all likelyhood, the inner most O ring/s have moved or are no good.

Did you replace O rings when you installed the cooler?

If so did you lube them when installing the ends?

You need to be very specific about what you have done, what you have replaced and how you have gone about it.

Ambiguous posts like the first one are hard for us here to decipher as there really was no usuable info, more of a rant LOL

We are happy to help.

The O rings keep the OIL and the WATER seperate and if one is damaged it can and likely would come out an oil passage.

JM2CW

Al

Alex G 7

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ok that's wat I was trying to findout no I didn't replace the o rings because I was about to tonight but I said let me get more info first. secondly yea it was more of a rant I have a brand new motor I just put in trying to fire it up but for obvious reasons I cant and just seem to be hitting one snag after another

typ4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
and where did this new engine come from.?

Alex G 7

Full Access Member
Reaction score
promar is the name of the company horrible idea, I was gonna order it from jasper but they needed a business to order it through

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Really they sent me a long block that had holes with stripped threats as u can imagine I was pissed
See not telling everyone this was a brand new Promar rebuilt engine from the beginning would have helped immensely!!!;Sweet

Call them tell them to pick it up and return it if the bolt holes are stripped and the oil cooler is leaking.

Have you had a shop install this engine or your self.

Again I ask for as much detail as you can provide...preferably in one post!

Alex G 7

Full Access Member
Reaction score
See not telling everyone this was a brand new Promar rebuilt engine from the beginning would have helped immensely!!!;Sweet

Call them tell them to pick it up and return it if the bolt holes are stripped and the oil cooler is leaking.

Have you had a shop install this engine or your self.

Again I ask for as much detail as you can provide...preferably in one post!

I installed it and well I fixed the hole and put in slightly larger bolts also the intake didn't fit at first to me sloppy job on there part their answer was not their problem, and it was just a long block so the oil cooler is mine of my old truck my assumption is since it sat with no fluids for a few months the boring dried up and are no longer good

Alex G 7

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I installed it and well I fixed the hole and put in slightly larger bolts also the intake didn't fit at first to me sloppy job on there part their answer was not their problem, and it was just a long block so the oil cooler is mine of my old truck my assumption is since it sat with no fluids for a few months the boring dried up and are no longer good

I am having some difficulty getting it out due to clearances anyone have advice on how they would do it?

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am having some difficulty getting it out due to clearances anyone have advice on how they would do it?
Go to advanced search type in oil cooler rebuild and read the threads already posted on this exact subject. There are lots and lots.

So I am clear on this, you removed an oil cooler of your old engine and without rebuilding it installed it on the new one?

Is that correct?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m2rtin

Staff online