7.3 NA no start after arc

GrampaTruck

Reaction score
After replacing my CDRV I was installing my air cleaner and it started arcing off what I’m assuming was my glow plug relay. Now she just cranks and won’t start. Any ideas? Thanks. (I’m aware I should’ve disconnected the negative on my batteries… it was suppose to be a quick deal) I messed up.

Stu Bailey

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sounds a lot like when I do projects I’m sure someone will chime in with more experience but might be a good idea to check and see if you are getting 12VDC to the glow plugs. A test light would work or meter. I think you would just put a lead on the negative cable or ground and then positive lead on glow plug connector. (Definitely an easy thread to find on here showing how to do it) Have someone cycle the glow plugs on. If not 12VDC to glow plugs you may have shorted the circuit.

If you’ve lost your glow plug controller no better time than now to switch over to manual glow plugs!

IDIBRONCO

IDIBRONCO
Reaction score
Since you're in Tucson, you probably don't need the glow plugs to start when it's hot and the sun has been shining on the hood. I can start my Blue Truck at 95* when the sun's been shining on the hood without using the glow plugs. You may have burned a fusible link. I think that your first step should be to see if you're getting power to the Fuel Shut off Solenoid (FSS) on your injector pump (IP). If you don'\t have any power there with the key turned on, you need to find out why and fix that.

GrampaTruck

Reaction score
Typ4 hit it on the nail! Thanks for the help guys! I’ve learned from my mistakes!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BrannonB

Members online