7.3 idit

Adrenaline73

Reaction score
I would go for the IDIT,and at that price you better jump on it if it checks out.I agree with IDIBRONCO about the quality of those dodge bodies.It's a cumm-apart in a fall-apart.:rotflmao
I also agree with nitro guy that with a turbo and a zf5,that truck will have no problem pulling that kind of weight.

Rock

so I bought the truck but we had to jump the solenoid on the fender to get it to start. But I did get another turbo and injectors and injection pump and transfer case with it for 3k

Farmer Rock

just a fella' without a 10mm socket
Reaction score
so I bought the truck but we had to jump the solenoid on the fender to get it to start. But I did get another turbo and injectors and injection pump and transfer case with it for 3k
It sounds like you got a good deal:Thumbs UpWhy did you have to jump the fender solenoid?Was the ignition switch not working,or is the solenoid just bad?

Rock

Adrenaline73

Reaction score
It sounds like you got a good deal:Thumbs UpWhy did you have to jump the fender solenoid?Was the ignition switch not working,or is the solenoid just bad?

Rock

when you turned the key the solenoid would click but has no power to the one side so if you jump it starts. So I’m thinking the solenoid is bad

Reid Daniels

Reaction score
The smoke would be the r&d injectors(hard to find, so having them is a win). The injection pump is probably turned up a little to match the injectors. Nothing to worry about. The only thing that I would do is put an egt gauge in. Along with an egt gauge do the banks downpipe. If the factory downpipe is on there then you should rip it right out, the thing sucks. As for the rough start thats typical. Sounding like a powerstroke would be because of the turbo, again not a bad thing lol

Adrenaline73

Reaction score
The smoke would be the r&d injectors(hard to find, so having them is a win). The injection pump is probably turned up a little to match the injectors. Nothing to worry about. The only thing that I would do is put an egt gauge in. Along with an egt gauge do the banks downpipe. If the factory downpipe is on there then you should rip it right out, the thing sucks. As for the rough start thats typical. Sounding like a powerstroke would be because of the turbo, again not a bad thing lol

pump hasn’t been turned up does have an EGT gauge though no boost gauge it seems really quite when it’s warm not a lot clatter. Seems like it should be louder so I don’t know but it does have an exhaust leak somewhere on the passenger side sounds like a leaky manifold

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
E Moeller