7.3 idi e40d no 1st gear

Danny B

Reaction score
Truck takes of in 3rd gear, has o/d and torque converter lock up. Can manually get 2nd gear, replaced vss,tps ecm,psom,mlps, temp sensor, tach sensor. Set mlps correct, set tps 1.1 to 4.2 wot. Trans is new rebuild, Speedo is correct with GPS, tack works correct. Tested complete trans wire harness, cleaned all connections truck does have a banks turbo added to it. No flashing od light. Code 22 (map or baro sensor out of range). Also click tested solinoid pack all test clicked. Would the baro sensor not allow me to get 1st gear? Trans fluid is full and new. Any help will be appreciated.

Danny B

Reaction score
Ok, thanks I will order a new one and give it a try. My next thought is the solenoid pack went bad from sitting

Danny B

Reaction score
Update replaced the BARO sensor today and still takes off in 3rd gear. Drove it down the road came home and checked codes got a code 62 (transmission 4/3 circuit fault. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

trackspeeder

Stone crusher.
Reaction score
Code 62 is a converter code. Clutch failed to lock. This because it is starting in a higher gear.

Seeing how you have checked the solenoid pack, and is good.

Time to check the accumulator body for stuck or broken springs. D2, 2-3 and 3-4 shift valves.

Danny B

Reaction score
Even though the pack clicked does that mean it's good? I will check the accumulator next. Thanks again for the advice and direction to go. I'm about ready to plant flowers around this truck.

Danny B

Reaction score
If I added a led indicator light to the 1st gear solenoid wires with the truck in drive or first the light should come on without driving the truck correct. Might try this before I pull the accumulator body off. Just to verify it's calling for 1st.

trackspeeder

Stone crusher.
Reaction score
If I added a led indicator light to the 1st gear solenoid wires with the truck in drive or first the light should come on without driving the truck correct. Might try this before I pull the accumulator body off. Just to verify it's calling for 1st.

Yes it should.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lance

Members online