7.3 IDI Diesel Jasper Reman,...

Darrin Tosh

IDI Hound
Reaction score
Time to clean out of the shop, I am selling the motor that I pulled out of Big Ed. It WAS a Jasper Reman with about 10K miles on it but it has low compession on one of the cylnders, so it needs to be gone through. No pump or injectors, long block only. It did have good oil pressure, and tons of power for a 7 1/2 cylnder. I will have pics tomorrow. $500.00

Darrin Tosh

IDI Hound
Reaction score
Engine Pics.

Compresson numbers are as follows starting with the Drivers Side front on back:

Passengers side front on back:

There was oil coming out of the 80 compresson cylnder when I took out the glow plug.

Attachments

• IMG_1117.JPG
    IMG_1117.JPG
    878.2 KB · Views: 28
  • IMG_1118.JPG
    IMG_1118.JPG
    834.4 KB · Views: 17

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Those numbers are low for 10,000 miles. Sounds like something is wrong with the rings or valves. With that low of miles its really not even broken in yet. At the very least it probably only needs the cylinders honed and a new set of ring installed if everything else mics out properly. Maybe the cylinders didn't get hot enough to seat the rings. If we baby these motors during breakin the oil plates up in the cylinders and rings. Then you almost have to hone it out and replace the rings to fix it. Running it hard but not redlining it keeps this breakin going. Running around town will never breakin the motor. Build it and put it to work. Let it know what its going to be doing for its life. You don't see big diesel rigs being babyed till they breakin. I understand not abusing something but get on it and pull heavy to break it in. That oil varnish needs to be burned off the rings and cylinders... What are the block serial numbers? Maybe it a turbo block built to non turbo standards.

4play

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i would have to check specs but mid to low 300psi is too low on diesels expecially idi's, the 80psi is very low. even gassers wouldnt like that. but if the 80 hole was say 200psi like the next worse hole that is still way off the 370psi best. that poor eng had to run crappy.