7.3 fuel return woes

Idaho Outlaw

Reaction score
I have a 93 7.3L IDI. I have had the truck 7 years and have replaced the fuel return lines,fittings,caps, and seals twice. Both times I started to develop fuel leaks within a few months. Is this just something I have to just continue to fight. First fuel return kit was one ufrf ebay, The second kit was from IH. Is there a better kit, updated parts, trick:confused:s, etc?

ADV

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Something good like a billet aluminum return line cap?

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
H there was a guy who was machining some brass ones, but those where very expensive and he didn't go far with them sadly and as hard as I have tried he just does not respond to PM's

franklin2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am glad I kept and used the original caps when I did my truck several years ago.

I know little things like this can be aggravating, but it's not rocket science. I would get another kit, or another set of o-rings(tractor supply has them in their hydraulic section) and carefully take the old ones apart. Look the o-rings over carefully and see if they show signs of being damaged. Look inside the caps and see if they look rough or out-of-round. The o-ring simply seals against the injector and the cap, whatever is causing them to leak should be obvious.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cv axle

Members online