7.3 Block... What's it worth.

osus86diesel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Are any parts on the 6.9 interchangable with the 7.3?

Starter, alternator, vaccum pump, ect.?

I have found a 7.3 that has been stripped down to just the block, and internals. most of the "accessory" things have been stripped off. What do you guys think it's worth?

Thanks for the help.

Pipeliner_86

IDI up high
Reaction score
The 6.9 and the 7.3's are the same block. Most all the parts are interchangeable.

A shortblock in good condition could be worth anywhere from 250-1000 bucks, depending on who's buying it.

Pipeliner_86

IDI up high
Reaction score
Just to clairify his statement, they are the same As far as the accessories go...

Sorry guys, I was keeping it a simple answer. I should have clarified that the 7.3 is essentially a 6.9 bored out. Heads are different in the head bolt size, pistons are different size. Cranks are the same. Connecting rods are same, except turbos, wrist pin difference. Basically the same block casting, with some minor changes. So yes accessories are interchangeable, along with other parts.

Watch out for different parts between F-series motors and E-series motors. Vans use a different oil cooler configuration, and one exhaust manifold is different. So are the fuel filter arrangement.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RustyNail351

Members online