6x6 F250 CL Ad

93cc7.3

needs turbo power
Reaction score
sorry i guess i should have been more clear i get that stuff i was wondering if the had the tcase forward of both axles and drove them like that or if the had the tcase in between the axles

monkeyboi

Reaction score
It would almost be worth the $35 to take that thing to inspection here in texas jsut to see the "inspector" shake his head and say something like "I just don't know where to start, but it's gonna fail anyway"

RedTruck

Reaction score
FWIW,

I know a guy that added a dually tag axle to a '73 Ford dually. He used it to haul a pull sled for tractor pulling. It was there for a reason and it served a purpose...not just to look "cool".

Several years ago Dodge was going to do this same thing to a factory production pickup. They had prototypes and I believe a picture was posted in Popular Mechanics.

It has been a while since I took my class A permit test, but there is a reason heavy trucks have tandem axles...triple axles...quad axles...etc. Same reason there are a lot more tandem axle single wheel trailers available than single axle dually trailers.

Dually pickups are just a lot less expensive to produce and maintain than a tandem axle pickup.

It's dumb...really?!

Why doesn't the military cut one axle off the 5 ton 6x6's to replace the 2.5 ton 6x6's? One less axle, one less drive shaft, 4 less tires, 2 less leaf spring packs...and on and on. There must be a reason why?

To me it looks like a regular leaf pack above with a leaf pack below. It looks like the bottom leaf pack works like a traverse type spring setup. Kind of a new take on the walking tandem setup.

I think the guy is innovative. Betcha that thing can haul hay like no tomorrow.

Paul

Last edited:

82F100SWB

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looking at the axle spread, I'm thinking he may have flipped the front axle over so the pinion is pointing to the rear, and he is feeding it with the front output of the rear case, and the rear with the rear. That's about the only way he could have done it without re-tubing one axle and getting custom shafts made.
Judging from the appearance of the rest of the truck I'm thinking it wasn't a high budget job.
The only other way he could have done it keeping 2 centered diffs would be mount the t-case backwards so the rear output is the input and ran the driveline for the rearmost axle over the top of the pumpkin on the lead axle, but, I don't think the truck is tall enough to pull that off.

Dieselcrawler

Professional wrench holder
Staff member
Reaction score
only thing i can thing of with the transfer case is he used a divorced mount 205, has the shaft from the trans into the 205 rear output, then has the front output to the rear axle and the input to the front drive axle. sorta spun it around and fliped it upside down.

Reaction score
FWIW,

I know a guy that added a dually tag axle to a '73 Ford dually. He used it to haul a pull sled for tractor pulling. It was there for a reason and it served a purpose...not just to look "cool".

Several years ago Dodge was going to do this same thing to a factory production pickup. They had prototypes and I believe a picture was posted in Popular Mechanics.

It has been a while since I took my class A permit test, but there is a reason heavy trucks have tandem axles...triple axles...quad axles...etc. Same reason there are a lot more tandem axle single wheel trailers available than single axle dually trailers.

Dually pickups are just a lot less expensive to produce and maintain than a tandem axle pickup.

It's dumb...really?!

Why doesn't the military cut one axle off the 5 ton 6x6's to replace the 2.5 ton 6x6's? One less axle, one less drive shaft, 4 less tires, 2 less leaf spring packs...and on and on. There must be a reason why?

To me it looks like a regular leaf pack above with a leaf pack below. It looks like the bottom leaf pack works like a traverse type spring setup. Kind of a new take on the walking tandem setup.

I think the guy is innovative. Betcha that thing can haul hay like no tomorrow.

Paul

lol thanks for the email, made my day, and no its not a hack job and yes there is a reason for a nother axle on the ground, floatation, wheel base, traction, are some of the main reasons, also this isn't made to be a one way conversion, 10 u-bolts, disconnect one brake fitting, slide out the tandem essembly and extra leaf pack in the front, slide your axle back in, connect 8 u bolts(front and back) hook up the drive shaft and brake line. takes me by myself about 5 hours to swap and its back to road legal 4x4 and vis versa. cost me about 200.00 to make plus parts i had layen around and a month of when i got time to work on it to make it, its a simple design not that complicated or ridiculous, i made it for wheeling through the feilds and it served its purpose for me well, like the man said everything has a place and purpose:backoff

Reaction score
if some one can explain to me how to get pictures from my computer to here i'd be glad to post some, i'm technology challenged

Jake_IN

Full Access Member
Reaction score
if some one can explain to me how to get pictures from my computer to here I'd be glad to post some, I'm technology challenged

Find a image hosting sight (photo bucket is a common one) and upload the photo. Then copy the image URL and on the advance posting options on here (the one that has all the buttons up top and the smilies to the right) click on the button up top that looks like a picture, If you hover your cursor over it it says insert image. Click on that and a box will pop up asking for the URL. Paste the URL into the box and click ok. The picture code er what ever is will then appear in your post. Hopefully this is a bit clearer than mud or someone will post a clearer version. Can't wait to see some pictures ;Sweet

oldblue05

PIN IT TO WIN IT!!!
Reaction score
I wouldn't call it a hack job but it's not far from it, make a damn good ranch truck and conversation piece! I'd buy it if I were closer and out of school makin money...

Reaction score
hack job

1. A procedure or operation performed by someone with inadequate skill or knowlege of the subject.

2. Something done shoddily or ineptly.

3. A crude and improvised or temporary solution to a problem, designed to be more functional and timely than precise, durable or of good quality.

4. Something done with little forethought, organization, planning or precision.

5. A useless, inept or sloppy person.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alleycat

Members online