60g Glowplugs

OLDBULL8

Good Morning Ya'll.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah, thats the gaskets. For a 6.9 you need 2 of the large O'rings and 4 od the smaller ones. Go to an IH truck dealer they probably have them and the gaskets. I'll see if I can find the part #. Autozone also carries the gaskets.

Search on here on how to change them--Oil cooler o'rings

Edit: Large O'ring IH 1804414C1 Need 2
Small O'ring IH 1807563C1 Need 4

Olives for fuel lines from lift pump and filter to IP
Need 1-- 3/8" 1878937C91 2---5/16" 1815780C1

Ford numbers for gaskets
Front E3TZ 6A636 A
REAR E3TZ 6A636G

You can look up a lot of part numbers here. http://www.oilburners.net/forums/showthread.php?5384-the-parts-bin

Last edited:

79jasper

Chickenhawk
Reaction score
AC Delco 60G or Bosch Duratherm is what I run in my 6.5's. They wont swell if left hooked to 12V for 24hrs.

And to confirm, you performed this test?

I've left mine on while driving for a few hours.

Thought *oh $hit*
Pulled them and alls well. They were still working like new.

Sent from my USCC-C6721 using Tapatalk

89Laredo

Underemployed
Reaction score
This is getting to be quite the project...
Closest International/Navistar place is 60 mi round trip. Thats quite a drive on 7 cylinders. We dont have a Case/IH dealer anywhere close.
Ford Dealer is 10 mi away in town on the way to where I will be swapping my motor.
Would the Orings be a stock item at the ford dealer? Im assuming the Powerjoke uses the same ones?

Greg5OH

Full Access Member
Reaction score
rockauto has the victor reinz cooler kit for liek 20 bucks or less i think

tanman_2006

Full Access Member
Reaction score
And to confirm, you performed this test?

Yes I did. A vendor I use sends a glow plug with every order. I already had 60g's in my 2 main trucks so I wire it up for a test. I currently have that plug in my tool box as a spare.

I did melt off a couple tips with bad injectors and replaced those with BOSCH duratherm

Source Unknown

89Laredo

Underemployed
Reaction score
Are these the ford Oring numbers?
(Ford) 1C3Z-6C610-BA
(Ford) 1C3Z-6K649-BA

Edit: Now Im reading that the 6 ring system was only up to 84... So what part numbers do I need?

Last edited:

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The motor came with the truck. PO said he bought it off of a guy on craigslist. Supposed to have newer IP and Injectors.
Drove the truck 800 mi home from Iowa, left my jeep there. Lost an intake valve or something last week, dropped a cylinder.

What do I need for the cooler. This: http://www.napaonline.com/Catalog/C...l-Cooler-Gasket-Set/_/R-FPGES70689_0159345654
And some Orings?
You would have massive puff huff out the intake if you dropped an intake valve...however could be many things, I dropped part of an exhaust valve, bent a rod and cracked a cylinder so I'm familiar with your pains...

I am throwing in an alledged reman engine, and YES I'm doing OIL COOLER rebuild before it goes in along with lots of other stuff.

Decided do it right do it once and be done!

OLDBULL8

Good Morning Ya'll.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I gave you the IH numbers, stupid dealers can cross referrence them. You may only need two of the smaller ones then.

89Laredo

Underemployed
Reaction score
Got glowplugs out, engine harness off, fuel return lines cut, oil cooler off and torn apart. Damn gasket is cemented onto one oil cooler header and I cant do the sandpaper on the floor trick with this one.
Need to do VC gaskets, put new return lines on, finish oil cooler, and a bunch of other stuff tomorrow, then start ripping out the motor in the truck.
Think Im going to run 8 wires from glowplugs to glowplug relay and hook up a switch. The ones in it were autojunk and delco, a couple were sticky but luckily didnt break any.
Its going to be a long weekend.