6.9idi manual?

snicklas

6.0 and Loving It!!
Staff member
Reaction score
Rule of thumb is the title stays with the cab.

I guess some clarification of what you want to do. Are you going to use your regular cab as the "parts truck" and build up the crew cab, on the current crew cab frame? Or are you going to use the crew cab, cab and install it onto the regular cab frame with a really short bed? I think the big thing is, you will need the title for the cab that you plan on driving/plating. Not sure on the lost title taking "months".... here in Indiana, you apply for a duplicate title and you have it in less than a week...... if he is being a bit "odd" on the title, I would get the VIN and have a local LEO run it an make sure he isn't trying to dump a "hot truck" on you......

Some states may do an "assembled" title. They issue you a new VIN #..... but I think you have to prove where everything came from. Just like building a "trike" from a motorcycle and a VW Bug..... you have to prove where those parts came from.....

prepowerstroke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Plan on useing the crew cab frame and the crew cab cab and just use the single cab as a parts truck and he lost the title and doesn't have insurance or plates for it bc it was a farm truck I personally know the guy I'm busying it from

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

prepowerstroke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah that's what I figured he's in the process of getting now and I'll get the truck this week end hopefully If he can get it out of all the snow lol says it's got a blowed up engine so I'll have to look at it I'll try to put some pictures up when I get it lol

IDIoit

MachinistFabricator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
if youre looking to modify for a bigger cab,
you should get another crew cab and build a 6 door, or like im going to doon the next one, a 6 door with a bonco removeable fiberglass top.
if youre young, inexperienced, and dont have atleast 1500 to spend i would advise aginst it, get one of the trucks running and go with it.
but if you can handle a custom, be prepared for alot of work. and most of all, dedication

prepowerstroke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm looking for bigger then a single cab lol because that's what I'm driving now the crew cab has a blown engine (or
So they say) pass side dented pretty good (hit something or got backed into) and maybe little but of wireing needed but I have all the parts to put it together and drive the crew cab just will take time lol but not a lot of money to be throwing around lol

IDIoit

MachinistFabricator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
the crew cab has a blown engine (or
So they say)

go buy something.
it will save you alot of money.
and people from alot of frustration.

prepowerstroke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I haven't seen the truck yet so I can only take their word for it. And the truck is only 300 bucks so if anything i part it out and make money lol

prepowerstroke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Okay so if the truck has a 4speed would it still have 4:10 gears? Or would it be lower? Bc with 4:10's top speed would be like 70 lol

opusd2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
DO what you have to do, at the very least it sounds like an awesome parts truck you could part if worst case scenario. But if you change cabs, make sure you have the VIN for the original in place. I'm not going to say that you will be completely legal, but you will have your ass covered with a quick stop or inspection. If you want to be completely legal, you know what you need, it's been spelled out before. But if you live in the grey area, well, you could probably get away with things until you can correct it all.

It all depends on what you feel comfortable doing. The right way, or the grey way. Grey meaning technically not kosher and correct. If you'd ask what I'd do, well....

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bob123456789

Members online