6.9 pinging/tapping noise

shocktrooper

Reaction score
Hey guys, so I have a 6.9. Just did the head gasket put 7.3 heads on with new injectors and timed my ip pump. Had the truck on a dyno and pulled just u get 400 ft lb and always has lots of power. it is also a non turbo. Wired thing is when I put my foot In it I get a pinging/taping noise. It's not a constant noise either it just a around but U.S. Always te same tone. I was thinking I advanced the timing too much. But it starts so easy, when warmed up maybe 2 revolutions and she's running. I also only have an electric fuel pump but it's rated for 5 more gph than the regular lift. The noise will randomly go away for a while as well usually right after she's all warmed up. It's not a vary loud noise either with the radio on you couldn't hear it. It's got me a bit worried I finally got my truck back and I don't want another problem. Thanks guys.

MTKirk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Check to see if your accelerator cable is resting on your injector line (drivers side near the firewall). Super easy fix if you're lucky enough that it's your problem.
You must be registered for see images attach