6.9 IP swap -Interesting findings & results.

Diesel JD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I wonder if it's possible that whoever did the injectors last time forgot that they should install a copper on #5..... since it isn't on the injector and you can't see it in the bore?

BigRigTech

Diesel junky
Reaction score
Who know's????....It's #8 so it's a ***** to see in the hole. I'll try to get it out this morning if it's there at all...LOL.....

dyoung14

Is getting worn out
Reaction score
changing injectors is something thats MUCH easier when the engine is put, changing them in the truck requires lots of pain and cussing

BigRigTech

Diesel junky
Reaction score
I picked them up this morning, I will install them later today or tonight....I have 2 cash jobs to look at first - I have a local guy with a Massey bachoe that won't start to look at in the next hour. Rebuilt pump on the 4 banger Perkins so it shouldn't be all that hard....:dunno

BigRigTech

Diesel junky
Reaction score
Well - it runs again.:D.....I think I might have an air intrusion issue but until I get it out for a good road test I can't be sure....I was getting a little bit of surging and it stalled once on when I pushed the clutch in to stop at the end of the street. I had to back the timing down to dead on the static marks from where I had it. I could tell from the sound that it was too advanced - sounded like the cold advance was kicked in - a little too sharp for my ears.;Sweet That really made it sound good but I haven't driven it since....Tonight or tommorow I will get it out for a good run, I might put my clear sight glass in the return line to see if there is any air bubbles....Minor details in the big picture considering it's a slightly used pump that I've never seen run before.;Sweet I'll post my findings tommorow.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent

Members online