6.9 generators?

razorback

Full Access Member
Reaction score
so i remember watching the show trucks a few years back and seeing that they put a generator on a diesel truck. i think it was a powerstroke..maybe a cummins. it was the type you could run a welder off or other power tools.. anyway, does anyone make this for the 6.9? would it be powerful enough to run a welder off of?

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
There is such a device. I believe it takes the place of your alternator. Do a search here. It has been posted before. I can't recall the name at the moment.

Diesel JD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Crossent's former truck which he just sold to Rob, had a HO alternator with an inverter intended to run a welder. That was the one thing he kept off that truck. It looks pricey and he said it was.

razorback

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i thought it might be expensive, but it would be a nice feature. 240 volts anywhere you need it would be nice.

swampdigger

Full Access Member
Reaction score
HAHAHA

Yes.. I've already dreamed of having a gen-set under the hood. PTO powered would be sweet, or PTO-hydraulic would be sweeter.

Even some cheapo gen set from teh department store, with a pulley jammed on it would be pretty cool.

I was wondering about running dual alternators in parallel, something that can push a big beefy inverter. Making hooking the field wires in parallel.

u2slow

bilge rat
Reaction score
Harbour Freight has them. Its just a generator head with a shaft. Add a pulley - perhaps a clutched pulley, a belt, and homebrew some mounting brackets.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cv axle