6.9/7.3 tool kit contents?

tjsea

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does anyone have a complete part numder list of what should be in one of these kits? I am looking at buying one and want to know what is missing. also if anyone has one to part with let me know.
Thanks,
Alex

rhkcommander

Full Access Member
Reaction score
tool kit? like a rotunda branded one for fuel stuff or what?

As far as I know there isn't a single toolkit, but a few involved if you mean for the whole engine. IIRC the head bolts on a 6.9 are 7/16 12 point, 7.3 1/2" 12 point

you'll need a timing meter luminosity or pulse and want a wrench for pulling the 3 bolts off the injection pump, and a pump wrench to adjust the timing

other then that I'm not too sure but I'm pretty darn tired so sorry if I missed something huge :dunno

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
That tool kit on ebay is missing the fan nut wrench but the other parts are there that really mean something. The injection pump turning wrench along with the nut wrench is there. The seat cleaning tool is worth more than the tool kit asking price. Lori and Jeff are big sellers on ebay and very fair too. I have bought many items from them without any issues. The price is about $75.00 more than what I have paid for a few of these kits so be your own judge on what its worth to you. These kits originally cost well over $1000.00 when new... But how does a tool wear out....:dunno:D

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
My mistake... I forgot just who was selling this kit... There is one more item thats missing and I'm not sure we would ever use it. Its right below the nut wrench for the injection pump and above the round aluminum valve seal installer. I have bought two of these kits and they were not complete like this one. They both needed the fan clutch wrench and the injection pump hard line wrench. Thats the black round tool at the bottom next to the seat cleaning tool cutter. That wrench allows you to reach all the hard injector lines when thwy are connected to the injection pump. No other wrenches can do that.. I paid around $140.00 for each of them... This kit is worth every penny they are asking...

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lewisstevey7

Members online