6.5 rebuild

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
if you can, I'd go gear drive if I were you.
the throttle response is very crisp compared to the chain. it really makes a difference with the injection pump. you won't hear gear whine either. the diesel noises wipe out most noises.

nitrohogg

nitro ******
Reaction score
still considering that. but man, cost more than the fliudamper!!....I think the last time I checked it was like 600 beans.........still gotta get a stud girdle, anyone know where? talked to midwest fuel injection, they will recalibrate and turn my pump up for $150, I'm also still out to lunch on the turbo, gotta be able to push at lease 25 lbs of boost with the IC.......any suggestions?

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
still considering that. but man, cost more than the fliudamper!!....I think the last time I checked it was like 600 beans.........still gotta get a stud girdle, anyone know where? talked to midwest fuel injection, they will recalibrate and turn my pump up for $150, I'm also still out to lunch on the turbo, gotta be able to push at lease 25 lbs of boost with the IC.......any suggestions?
check out this site.
iirc they are the mfg source for the kits.
http://www.dieselservices.com/html/...sg_dual_idler_gear_drive__phaser_kit_p122.cfm
check with them for the stud girdle kit too.

nitrohogg

nitro ******
Reaction score
I seen them but didn't because of shipping and customs charges from canada, I'll e-mail them to see what that charge would amount to.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dieselmainiac

Staff online

Members online