5in exhaust

Tinman875

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey all, has anyone put a 5in exhaust on a stock motor? Is it o.k. or not? I would like a 5in'er think it would sound bad ass!! ;Sweet

MUDDY

Reaction score
oh heck yeah :D

let me know when ya be ready and ill line it up for ya. harold has a hoist now :) and i have a source for the 5inch

Tinman875

Full Access Member
Reaction score
mabey i will, i am workin ot now. i found one on ebay for 375, full kit. but ill let you know muddy before i do anything

Billysgoat

Rolling Smokeshow
Reaction score
They sound real good behind a stick and really help the EGT's when towing. I got one on my truck and am very happy with it.

holtzer1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yeah, they work, sound killer too with a straight pipe, it may only drop the egt about 100 degrees though. the skinny part now is the manifold and the turbo dump, you can put culvert pipe on it and still get the same performance, unless you get the 3 piece manifold and possibly a larger turbo and wastegate assembly. go for it though, they sound great. ;Sweet

Mark Craig

Advertising Sponsor
Reaction score
Tinman875,

Give us a call we stock the 5 inchers for all the truck and we GUARANTEE all of our prices too!
Something to remember is a 4 inch system will supprot up to an average of 500 RWHP, if you want 5 just to have it great, but if you're getting it for better EGT drop etc it's not necessary etc.

Mark @ DPPI

Last edited:

scrappy

Reaction score
on a stock truck you will lose some power. they don't need any more than 4" until 500 hp. my '03 ETH/DEE dynoed @ 250 with a 5" exhaust and Drop in air filter. It should have been closer to 270.

Tinman875

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mark Craig said:
holtzer1,

We can get you some aluminized exhaust but that's basically all. Sorry!

Mark@ DPPI

I can make my own stainless steel 4in for about 340, the pipe alone is $13 per foot plust the fittings. I am planning on going aluminized i think.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nanohawk

Members online