500.00 parts & labor

indian347

Reaction score
My 03 just turned 70 tho and started idling at 1100 at start up.It would do this till it warmed up. If you were sitting at a red light you had to watch it cause it would speed up for a second and make your day.Now i have a very good warranty on it or so Ford says so i went to them. First mistake. The teck told me the next day that a fuel censer below the turbo was leaking oil and shorting out .Censor was 150.00 Which my very good warranty d intent cover. The teck told me he had to take off the the front drive shaft and reach up to get it ! So the rest was labor. Thank God the truck is paid fore and reliable. Dam good truck ! comes under crap happens.Thank God we had the money this time or it would be sitting.I needed to VENT . Jim:dunno

tractorman86

Reaction score
Sounds like maybe the ipc (injector pressure censor) reads pressure of the high pressure oil feeding the injectors

ford390gashog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Which warranty do you have? The factory warranty is long expired on that truck so what warranty plan did you buy? I hope you bought a genuine Ford ESP plan all the others are a waste of time.

indian347

Reaction score
ESP

I went through Ford and everyone told me it was a good one. I took it out because we were going across country. Had no trouble it was just in case on the drive line only. i think it was what Tractorman said it was. oh well .!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

dsltech83

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Aftermarket Service Contracts (not a warranty!!!) are not worth the money you spend on them. Most of them dont cover anything other than basic driveline unless you spend some major coin. How much did the contract cost?? Most dont cover very many diesel specific components except for Ford ESP contracts which are the best thing if you own a 6L. Also if said diesel is modified most contracts are voided.

indian347

Reaction score
It was $2.500 it was a Ford ESP plan. It was sold to me by a friend. Everyone said it was a good one. T:dunnohe teck couldn't believe the part wasen''t covered.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
olsen726

Members online