5" exhaust

kentuckydiesel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My muffler is an Auto-Jet. I don't remember the part number and I can't find it in the TDS search. I don't think it matters that much though. My buddy 96Dually (Phil) bought one from a local truck parts place, just a standard 5" straight through truck muffler, worked great. -Phillip

Mike

Stroker
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks guys, I really like the performance of the straight pipe for EGT's while towing, but I only do that about 5-8000 mikes a year out of the 30+ K I put on the rig, the drone of the 5 inch pipe is a bit much so I have been tossing around the idea of DynaMat or a muffler, so far DynaMat is in the lead because it adds several benefits.

Bean

Reaction score
I have a 4" muffler layin around if ya want one, its a straight threw design. Let ya have it for 40.00 plus shippin if y awant it.

PackRat

Buzzard Pilot
Reaction score
Check out a muffler for a semi. The boss's nephew has dual 7" straights on his Pete, and bought a muffler that fits in front of the y pipe, in case he ever had to run into Cali.

It is still sitting on the shop floor. I've looked at it. It kind of looks like a glaspack on steroids.

I can get a couple pics of it, if you want.

Duke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a 4" downpipe into a 4" dynomax race bullet and out to a 5" pipe behind the muffler. It sounds good, gets a lot of stares, too.

I tried the tailpipe exit in front of the rear tire on both my Fords and didn't like it. The rear wheels (especially mudders) do something to the exhaust note to make it flutter. I switched them to behind the rear tire and it sounds better.

morepower02

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mike the only thing that helped get rid of the flutter on mine was more powerLOL . The BB turbo took care of it. The Huge injectors do not hurt either. LOL:)

Mike

Stroker
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Jectors would be awesome, got a set of them layin around? I know this is all leading up to a broke E4OD

Bean

Reaction score
Tell ya what, I have a set of hipo injetcors layin around amke ya a deal. I will sell ya the muffler for 640.00 and throw the injectors in for free, hows that sound. :moon:

Mike

Stroker
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'll give you $400.00 for the jectors, you keep the muffler and I'll be your inagural OB.net beta tester. LOL

Bean

Reaction score
Alright deal! Shipping is pretty steep on injetcors though, usually around a couple hundred bucks.

Mike

Stroker
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Bean
Alright deal! Shipping is pretty steep on injetcors though, usually around a couple hundred bucks.

:mad: :mad: -cuss -cuss :frustrate :frustrate ;Pissed
Guess its off to Swamps I go:moon:

:D

Duke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I can usually overnight injectors for ~$85, that's with $3000 in insurance, too.

Duke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've got an IH big truck muffler with 4" inlet & outlet, it's in good condition.
I guess truck mufflers aren't exactly expensive, so I doubt it's worth your
time.