5" exhaust

Strokin_A_Duramax

TS Performance Groupie
Reaction score
Muffler????

Get a big truck resonator. You can get them in 4" or 5" at any truck parts place. They are about 18" long and about 18" around. They are straight through ( you can see right though it) with little cupped holes. It tells you on it which way it goes, and you can always turn it around for more sound. Looks like someone grabbed a muffler on the ends and pushed it together. I got it on my truck and it gets rid of the flutter and enhances the whistle. With 05 badges, 05 LED mirrors and a WW everyone thinks I have a 6.0L. Whistle is real nice.:D :yell:

treefidy

Reaction score
hey guys, what do you think is the best way to go with exhaust? i have a 99 350 and we dont have to have mufflers here, what i really want is the big rig sound with a little more performance!

Mike

Stroker
Supporting Member
Reaction score
treefidy,

First off welcome to OB.net.

Secondly, the sad news is you arent going to get big rig sound out of the 444 but you will get several benefits. Your turbo is going to spool up much faster, your EGT's will certainly drop and its possible that you may pick up a little bit of fuel mileage. But if hearing that turbo whistle doesnt get you excited then you need to go back to burning ethyl LOL.

Something to consider for you is if you want 4" or 5". I can vouch for the fact that 5" is overkill for my current performance mods or most likely for ANY performance mods I choose to make. You can get close to 500 HP through a 4" pipe and not have any problems. So if you are going for asthetics do the 4" and slap a 5" crome tip on it. If you are going for overkill like I did, go 5" from the DP back.