5" Exhaust on IDI

The Warden

MiB Impersonator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
James, not too late yet...it'd be interesting to hear more about this, though. Are the exhaust hanger points and the bend points for an exhaust meant for a SuperDoody work with our trucks? I've never looked at the underside of a SuperDoody, but I would be surprised if it were close enough that a SuperDoody exhaust could be made to fit our trucks without any welding or anything on those lines.

OTOH, the guy has a 5" system listed at $385 (for 6.ohno's; don't know if it would even work on a 7.3l darksider rig)...which is almost identical to the price for the kit I linked to above... :confused: {on edit, I found a 7.3l system...I think it's identical except for the downpipe, which is irrelevant to my truck in any event}

highest_vision

Reqistered User
Reaction score
OK, it was big jake. I logged in over there just for you :D And because I don't want to witness what the robbers are doing.
He has posts I found in this thread and this thread. here's some pics.
5 paragraph essay due weds :eek: LOL
James

The Warden

MiB Impersonator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sorry to make you go over to the Evil Empire, James...what subject do you want the essay to be on? LOL

If "Monster" is a brand name, it looks like big jake put the same system on that I linked to earlier, except that his was meant for a '99-'02 truck. Considering that everything on eBay's at the same price as the one I linked to (or more expensive), it looks like that's the way to go...and good to know that it can be done :) I'm wondering if the setup meant for a '94-'97 Powerchoke won't require pulling the spare tire?

I think I'm going to order this tomorrow unless I hear otherwise...

Thanks again! :cool

SIKPUP

Reaction score
This maybe to late but I'm on a very limited $s. I have the Banks sidewinder down pipe to a 3 to 3 1/2 cone then a straght piece of 3 1/2 pipe 10 feet long, to a Flowmaster universal 3 1/2 tail pipe kit. I needed a 3 1/2 inch 45 degree in between the down pipe to the cone piece to line up to the straght pipe then back to before the rear, then with the tail pipe kit I fit it over the rear and out in front of the bumper.

10 feet of 3 1/2 alluminized pipe $75.00

3 1/2 flowmaster universal alluminized tail pipe kit $75.00

I just cut off the old hangers and welded them on. and fit the tail pipe pieces and welded them up. Maybe you could find someone to weld it for you . I did mine for less than $225.00 . :thumbsup:

Just something to think about !
Mike :D

The Warden

MiB Impersonator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That's not bad...but I don't think I can feasibly find just the tailpipe section anywhere. As I mentioned in my first post, I was just going to use angles, pieces of straight pipe, and clamps, and fabricate it myself...but, as towcat pointed out, I'll wind up trying to reinvent the wheel and will probably wind up just frustrating myself in the process.

If I could find a 5" tailpipe piece by itself, doing the rest would be a simple job :D although I'd still need a muffler shell...

Russ

Idont do injectors
Reaction score
We're talking 5" pipe here. When you get up to 5" pipe it's hard to make it fit under the truck without hitting anything. We've used a 4" tailpipe for a superdooty on my dads 97 CC dually, it fit, but it was tight. 5"? I don't see it without loosing the spare.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RangerDanger

Members online

No members online now.