4sp on a 7.3 n/a

IHpower87Ford

Reaction score
hey guys i just joined here cause i heard bout the strong followers of idi's here, plus im bout to buy one and my friends too. any way i got my best friend who got me into the idi's with his 85 F250 ext cab lb 2wd 4sp. he bought a newer and heck of a lot better shap 86 same thing just 4wd. the 85 motor went in the 4wd 86 and 86 motor sold, so this 4x4 6.9 got injectors, pump turned up and a wicked sounding 3in exhaust. well.....
it broke the crank in 2-3 places and trashed the block(est 650000 miles 2 rebuilds). that was 2 years ago new block and crank year later. locked this one (low oil and lost all coolent) LONG story short a 7.3 went in and now the 6.9 flywheel got riped off and i need to about where to get a solid flywheel for a 7.3 to fit on the t19 4sp. (yea i stumbed on the differences of the 6.9/7.3 tech) sorry its so long but yeah
any help is helpful THANKS

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Interesting story! You need a 6.9 flywheel to go with that T-19.

hesutton

The Anti-Anderson
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I've been running a 6.9 flywheel and a T-19 behinde my 7.3 for over two years now. Works like a charm.

By the way..........how in the world did your buddy break the crank on one of these IDI's?? They are freakishly huge.:dunno :eek:

Heath

IHpower87Ford

Reaction score
Yeah, I've been running a 6.9 flywheel and a T-19 behinde my 7.3 for over two years now. Works like a charm.

By the way..........how in the world did your buddy break the crank on one of these IDI's?? They are freakishly huge.:dunno :eek:

Heath

well the motor had around 650000 miles on it on 2 rebuilds well 1 1/2 because we rebuilt it in high school at at our career center (diesel tech) and my buddy didnt have enough money for main bearings to finish it. so we got it running and he turned up the pump. he ran the **** out of it for a year and it died around tipp city on 75 headin to kentucky. heres some is video of it before the pump was turned up bout a 1 1/2 ago

http://myspacetv.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=6763738

IHpower87Ford

Reaction score
Im confused is because i read the tech articals since it says:

Flywheel -
IMPORTANT. DO NOT USE 6.9 flywheel or vibration damper on 7.3 or vice versa. If components are intermixed, engine vibration and premature component wear may be encountered. For identification, compare these part numbers.
Vibration damper 6.9 1805414C1
Vibration damper 7.3 1809117C1
Flywheel Auto 6.9 1803219C1
Flywheel Auto 7.3 1809212C1
Flywheel manual 6.9 E7TA-6477-AB
Flywheel manual 7.3 E8TA-6477-AA

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yes it is confusing. Those were Ford's own words. Then the left hand didn't know what the right was doing, and they started puting ZF's behind 6.9's in 1987 for a little while. That produced an engine that broke all their own rules. Monkey see, monkey do.

hesutton

The Anti-Anderson
Supporting Member
Reaction score
For Pete's sake dude. That video makes me want to give that truck a hug.LOL It sounds like death eating a ******* as it rev's up to and at the limiter. Your buddy gave the old man no rest eh? God bless the poor thing.LOL :rotflmao

Heath

tractorman86

Reaction score
For Pete's sake dude. That video makes me want to give that truck a hug.LOL It sounds like death eating a ******* as it rev's up to and at the limiter. Your buddy gave the old man no rest eh? God bless the poor thing.LOL :rotflmao

Heath

:rotflmao :rotflmao :rotflmao +2

IHpower87Ford

Reaction score
yeah he has not much mercy for them haha but some of the things we do with it makes us wonder some times how it holds up at all. it sounds alot better then the video makes it seem like a straight piped gasser but trust me it sounds sooo much better. i think he gona take it to the tug a truck this fri so i gotta get hoppin on it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nanohawk

Members online