4r100 bypass and lines on an E4OD

JLtoolman

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I got the bypass today. It is part number 2C3Z-7H322-BA. I have not tried it on the truck, but I am sure it will fit.

I stopped by the local race shop today and looked at AN fittings and line.

JLtoolman

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
sounds like you ordered the odd ball 1 year 1997 E4OD bypass then.

F81Z-7H322-AA replaced by: 2C3Z-7H322-BA ----- this is the 4R100 bypass.

F75Z-7H322-AB replaced by: 2C3Z-7H322-AA ------ this is the late E4OD bypass.

the ATSG manual states;
FORD E4OD
COOLER BYPASS VALVE ADDED
TO SOME 1997 MODELS
CHANGE:
REASON:
PARTS AFFECTED:
INTERCHANGEABILITY:
Some 1997 Econoline, Expedition, F-150 Trucks and F-250 Trucks have been equipped with a
Cooler Bypass Valve Assembly that requires sealing washers on both the "To Cooler" end and
"From Cooler" end of the bypass valve assembly, as shown in Figure 79.
Increased lube flow during cold weather operation.
(1)
(2)
(3)
COOLER BYPASS VALVE ASSEMBLY - Added between the cooler line fittings in the case, to
increase lube flow during cold weather operation (See Figure 79).
CASE FITTINGS - Requires special case fittings to retain the "Banjo" ends of the cooler bypass
valve assembly into the transmission case (See Figure 79).
SEALING WASHERS - Requires sealing washers on both of the "Banjo" ends of the cooler
bypass valve to seal properly (See Figure 79).
The new design Cooler Bypass Valve Assembly will retro-fit back to all previous models, and we
would recommend the 4R100 style bypass valve assembly, as shown in Figure 79, because you do
not have to bend the existing cooler line to get it hooked up.

SERVICE INFORMATION:
F75Z-7H322-AB
F81Z-7H322-AA
Cooler Bypass Valve Assembly (E4OD Style) .................................................
Cooler Bypass Valve Assembly (4R100 Style) ................................................
Cooler Bypass Valve Sealing Washer Kit .........................................................
SPECIAL SERVICE NOTE:
If a removed Cooler Bypass Valve has an "O" ring installed, remove the "O" ring prior to reinstalling
the assembly. The "O" rings are only used to hold the sealing washers in place for
shipping purposes. If the entire Cooler Bypass Valve requires replacement, be sure to remove
the shipping caps and "O" rings prior to installation.

why do they recommend the 4r100 style,since when you'll be retrofitting the part,you wont be using existing cooling lines though i wonder? sounds odd doesn't it?

any rate,i think either will work.though the 4r100 will be the one readily found used/most common of course.
2C3Z-7H322-BA

Thanks for this information. Which ATSG manual did this info come from, and what page? I have a new E4OD manual, but I can't find it.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lance