444E?????????????

Guntherx

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OK, i have an option to grab hold of a 444E out of an IH junk truck.
1. will the bell housing match up to a C6?
2. How hard is it to tie in the computer system?
3. Any other issues?
The 444E is in a 2001 delivery truck with 160K.

FordGuy100

Reaction score
1) I would assume so....the E4OD is basically the same as a 4r100 so I would assume that it should.

2) If you have a complete donar truck it wouldnt be that bad at all....just take all the wiring off the old truck, and throw it in your's.

3) Not really, might be a little under powered in its stock form, but a chip and what not would make up for it.

Mr_Roboto

Full Access Member
Reaction score
T444E is pretty much the same as the 7.3L PSD. However you would need to change over some things to fit in a pickup.

Yes the bellhousing pattern is the same as the 6.9 and 7.3 IDI.

You would need the ECM and wiring harness off the truck, and possibly some other sensors (such as VSS). That is if the top end of the motor will fit in a pickup truck.

I would suggest you post in the 7.3 PSD forum, it is much more likely someone there would have experience adapting a T444E into a pickup truck. Keep in mind bolting a T444E into a PSD truck is a much simpler matter than what you are contemplating.

typ4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I looked at this swap and the computer in the IH looked to be a very simpple hookup. It mounts on the engine in the one I saw and had a couple hot wires going to it and some dash feed wires to the chassis. I would try it but I can be a bit deranged at times.

Alex S

Jeoff
Reaction score
Ya the IH wiring is quite basic compared to the Fords.

And take pics!!!!!!! when you do the swap :hail:thumbsup:

6.9poweredscout

Bleeds IH red...
Reaction score
I looked at this swap and the computer in the IH looked to be a very simpple hookup. It mounts on the engine in the one I saw and had a couple hot wires going to it and some dash feed wires to the chassis. I would try it but I can be a bit deranged at times.

Even after 100 years International still lives and breathes simplicity.....well i'm sure it'd be much more simple now a days w/out emission ****'s choking the motors with dual egr's and a ton on computer controlled emission JUNK!!! -cuss

-Jon

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zemmeron