33" tires fit?

SKimballC

Reaction score
Any problems with 33x12.5x16.5's on a stock 4x4? The Coopers are actually 32.5 inches tall according to their website. The truck I have them on sits a little higher up because of the add-a-leafs, and the truck I am about to get is stock height. The new truck also has running boards which I imagine I might take off anyways, but I wonder if they will get in the way of the tires. I can't see any real problem except for the running boards, but I figure I'd ask. How tall are the stock tires anyways?

Last edited:

Twin_diesels

Twin Diesels
Reaction score
I've been running 33"x12.5"x16.5" tires on my truck for quite a while. It's tight, but they fit pretty well. I would see maybe there being a problem with some really extreme off roading or rock climbing. Otherwise, the only reason I have had an issue with tires rubbing is due to the body being rusty, and the front mount dropping due to being rusty and breaking loose (currently laid up till I find a new radiator mount, and I get to fixing it).

typ4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I ran that size on my 79 f250 2wd, everyone thought it was 4x4. they should fit good like twin said little snug.
hey twin do you need the ac or non ac core support?

Twin_diesels

Twin Diesels
Reaction score
Its a non AC support. Truck is suffering from a serious case of "Iron Moths", lol. THe front is the first repair, but I also need to find a new cab. Biggest problem has been time to do it. I have a number of other projects going, as well as two jobs. LOL, oh well, some day!!

typ4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Reason I asked is I am pulling ther front end off my 91 and putting in the ac support. Is your radiator short and wide? if it is I can bring this to you in three weeks,we are going to ashland for a family reunion.

gabbyr100rs

Reaction score
I have run the wheel/tire combo you are noodling about since I bought my truck. They work fine. I have five wheels/tire and rotate the spare in. I get about 50K out of BFG AT HO's before they dry rot. No problems with rubbing on the stock front end--but an extended cab long bed is no rock crawler either! :D

Good luck with the new tires and wheels--you'll like them a lot.

SKimballC

Reaction score
I already HAVE them actually. I liked them so much on my late great truck that I am going to keep them for my new-to-me truck. I am just wondering how they'll fit without the add-a-leaf springs of my old truck which raised the truck a little higher than stock, and with the danged running boards on the new truck.
Well, I should stop referring to the poor 88 out there as being dead. Its only sleeping...