3.55 gears sooo much better

gunz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I decided to stay 3:55 gears till my 37inch tire swap, then I think the 4;10 axles i have will have to go in.

dizdak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
good reading, i am still debating what i want to do about my axles.. really tempted to swap in a set of super duty axles to get 3.73 gears.. My 3.55s do ok, and mileage is pretty good with them, just want a little better get up and go with traffic while towing... I think 3.73 would be that happy median..

Diesel_brad

Dunce
Reaction score
good reading, i am still debating what i want to do about my axles.. really tempted to swap in a set of super duty axles to get 3.73 gears.. My 3.55s do ok, and mileage is pretty good with them, just want a little better get up and go with traffic while towing... I think 3.73 would be that happy median..

Complete waste of time and money doing that little of a gear change

FORDF250HDXLT

The life of an Indian is like the wings of the air
Supporting Member
Reaction score

have you considered a dually conversion with 215's?
probably cheaper,and a dually for towing is a dream compared to srw (so i hear.i don't tow large loads.) ;Sweet

KyleQ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The easiest gear change test is swapping tires - figure out what you want and go from there.