2013 Freightliner M2-106 fuel tank questions

The Warden

MiB Impersonator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hello!

Anyone who knows me on Facebook has seen the pictures I posted of the new bus my company got...it's on a Freightshaker M2-106 chassis, and I've been having a field day with it :-D I have a couple of questions about the fuel tanks that I wasn't able to find an answer to in the Driver's Manual that I thought someone on here might know the answer. It has two tanks, one under each cab door.

First, best I can tell, there's no fuel tank selector switch. Does the engine draw from both tanks simultaneously, or is there a connection between the two tanks to equalize them?

Second, on a similar note, if you fill up one tank, will fuel transfer to the other tank, or do you have to fill up one tank, move to a different island with the pump on the other side, and fuel up the other side separately? Unfortunately, there aren't any truck stops with twin-nozzle fueling islands anywhere near my company's office, so I end up taking up nearly all of a Shell station when I have to fuel up LOL If fuel does transfer, about how long do you have to wait after one tank appears full before it's equalized with the other tank?

Thank you in advance ;Sweet And, BTW, here are a few pictures of the bus for those who aren't on Facebook:

You must be registered for see images attach

79jasper

Chickenhawk
Reaction score
Looks great.
Don't know how much help I'll be. But my bosses old white pulls from the driver tank and returns to the passenger. Has a hose to equalize them.
Pretty small hose though, so could take awhile.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lewisstevey7

Members online