2011 IDI Weekend

ford-7.3-IDI

Reaction score
Quick question about weekend

Hey guys kinda new to this. Would i be able to show up saturday morning for the dyno runs and sunday for the show and shine or do i have to be there the whole time. just wondering because i go to a tech school thats about an hour and a half away so i would only be able to go saturday and sunday. would really like to bring my 93 F-350 7.3 N/A crew cab dually up. thanks for the help
by the way i ran it at the drag strip in april and ran a very consistant 19.3. is this a good time for my truck, Thanks Matt

hesutton

The Anti-Anderson
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hey guys kinda new to this. Would i be able to show up saturday morning for the dyno runs and sunday for the show and shine or do i have to be there the whole time. just wondering because i go to a tech school thats about an hour and a half away so i would only be able to go saturday and sunday. would really like to bring my 93 F-350 7.3 N/A crew cab dually up. thanks for the help
by the way i ran it at the drag strip in april and ran a very consistant 19.3. is this a good time for my truck, Thanks Matt

Matt, it is not uncommon for folks who live close by to the Rallies, but can't camp the whole weekend, to come by for a day or two. That is not an issue and something that always occurs. We'd all be glad to meet you and see your truck.

Heath

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am expecting a certain number of day visitors, as this happens at all the rallies. However, I would ask that if you ARE seriously planning on comming, that you make it known to me in a PM so that I can include you in the planned activities, make sure there are adaquate supplies, giveaways, freebies, etc, and so that I can include you in the official program so that the rally is as valuable to you as I can make it. ;Sweet

Dieselcrawler

Professional wrench holder
Staff member
Reaction score
mel has set up the timing clinic and dyno. mel will be available to set your timing. it will be 45 dollars for 3 pulls. i am not sure if timing can be changed between pulls, but guess we will find out then.

and as for any other idi events on the east coast, not really. just truck shows and pulls. but not idi only events.

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome! Yes you can come. Refer back to the first post in this thread, and read the associated links for details. If your seriously going to come, PM me with your information so you can be "registered". ;Sweet

hesutton

The Anti-Anderson
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Noob here:D

*edit* searching reveals much

Are there any other idi events on the east coast?

There are smaller gatherings, with less stuff going on, mostly eating and hanging out together. But, this is the main IDI Rally of the year with more attendees, events, show and shine, and blah, blah, blah.

Heath

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am expecting a certain number of day visitors, as this happens at all the rallies. However, I would ask that if you ARE seriously planning on comming, that you make it known to me in a PM so that I can include you in the planned activities, make sure there are adaquate supplies, giveaways, freebies, etc, and so that I can include you in the official program so that the rally is as valuable to you as I can make it. ;Sweet

I've started adding the names of the day visitors to the first post. If you are comming PLEASE let me know. I wouldn't want you to miss out on the benefits of advance notice.

FORDMAN41291

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yeah i would be getting stoked to if i could come, had to make an emergency relocate down to chattanooga and im broker than broke... hopefully ill be able to come to the next one.. :(

dieselgiant

Dieselgiant
Reaction score
I'm officially not able to come to the Rally if anyone needs tent site F24 let me know and I'll tell Missy you got it, otherwise I'm gonna cancel the reservation.

hesutton

The Anti-Anderson
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Rock Auto is now an official sponsor of the 2011 IDI Weekend! We got a mention under the events on the left side, albeit with the wrong town name, but hey... it's there. LOL

http://www.rockauto.com/Newsletter/index.html
Sweet Mel!;Sweet

Getting stoked!!!
Me too Ron! Going to be different this year as it will be my first Rally with a camper and the first time I pull it accross the eastern US.:eek::D

I'm officially not able to come to the Rally if anyone needs tent site F24 let me know and I'll tell Missy you got it, otherwise I'm gonna cancel the reservation.
That stinks Marnin. I was hoping to get to hang out with you again.

Heath

freebird01

Post Turtle!
Reaction score
my wife is now excited as i managed to buy a small pop-up camper yesterday.

i was going to borrow my parents motor home but they tell me at the last minute (after reservations were made) that they are using it that weekend so i was going to just tent it. i will have pics later in the week but i bought a 1985 scamper for $650 in really nice shape for the year.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m2rtin