2009 5.4 triton knocking noise after reversing

Matt0608

Reaction score
So this is the second time it has happened, it’s a work truck so I’m not the only driver, it has only started making this knocking noise in reverse, it’s happened twice. Just wanted some opinions on what it could be before I tear into it or take it somewhere. I don’t know much at all about these engines lol it’ll stop making the noise if I shut it off and turn it back on again. Thanks for any input

snicklas

6.0 and Loving It!!
Staff member
Reaction score
Take a look at the flexplate. If it’s cracked, it could make noise. Does the noise continue after you shift from reverse? Once it starts is the only way to make it stop to shut it off?

Matt0608

Reaction score
Take a look at the flexplate. If it’s cracked, it could make noise. Does the noise continue after you shift from reverse? Once it starts is the only way to make it stop to shut it off?
The noise does continue after you shift doesn’t matter if your in park neutral or drive, actually just happened like 15 minutes ago while sitting at a light. Shutting the truck off seems to be the only way to get it to stop. And I’ll check the flex plate when I get the chance just gotta figure out how to get to it first, gotta love YouTube

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IDIBronco86

Members online