2000 PS wont start

chrisgrant91

Full Access Member
Reaction score
im working on a 2000 powerstroke. the wait to start light will not come one and it also seems like its not getting any fuel. the owner says that the fuel pump doesnt make a sound when you cycle the key like it normally does along with the passenger air bag. any ideas?

Double-S-Diesel

parts seller
Reaction score
does it have a chip?
also check fuses. no WTS light means the computer is not powering up.
also a possibility of a bad sensor.

chrisgrant91

Full Access Member
Reaction score
no chip. and the fuses look good. it doesnt seem to have power to the fuel heater and whatnot fuse with the key on or off

Double-S-Diesel

parts seller
Reaction score
possible ignition switch?
dont make sense no power at fuel heater.
check ign switch
then start unplugging APS, ICP, CPS< MAP< BPS<EOT, and see if the cpu comes to life.

chrisgrant91

Full Access Member
Reaction score
if i unplug the cps will it allow the computer to fire up? and what are the others you listed. i dont know what they stand for.

Double-S-Diesel

parts seller
Reaction score
possible ignition switch?
dont make sense no power at fuel heater.
check ign switch
then start unplugging APS, ICP, CPS< MAP< BPS<EOT, and see if the cpu comes to life.

aps accelerator pedal
icp injection comtrol pressure
map manifold absolute pressure
bps back pressure sensor
eot engine oil tem[

trackspeeder

Stone crusher.
Reaction score
Check the PCM relay. Do the relay swap. Swap one relay for another. It should power up.

The other culprit could be the fuel heater. But that would be a bad fuse.

chrisgrant91

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ok heres the low down. i need help! i scanned it and all i got was FAIL. well the guy says the cps sensor was replaced last summer or 2. not ruling that out. i tested all the fuses and they tested good. swapped soleniods and everything was good. i cranked on it somwhat and im pretty sure the fuel pump was running at one point so i would say rule that out. i also unpluged the cps and tried turning the key on and still the same no wait to start light or anything (i dont know if that would of told me anything or not just tried it) i also noticed that when i crank on it the tach does not go up and idk if it should or not. help please! im leaning toward the cps

trackspeeder

Stone crusher.
Reaction score
ok heres the low down. i need help! i scanned it and all i got was FAIL. well the guy says the cps sensor was replaced last summer or 2. not ruling that out. i tested all the fuses and they tested good. swapped soleniods and everything was good. i cranked on it somwhat and im pretty sure the fuel pump was running at one point so i would say rule that out. i also unpluged the cps and tried turning the key on and still the same no wait to start light or anything (i dont know if that would of told me anything or not just tried it) i also noticed that when i crank on it the tach does not go up and idk if it should or not. help please! im leaning toward the cps

With the CPS unplugged the tack will not work. The tach get the signal from the CPS. If it's plug in and you don't get a reading from the tach. Change the CPS

If you have no wait to start light. No other stuff is working then it would be a computer problem. Either no power to the computer or the computer died.

Unplug the fuel heater and change that fuse.:dunno

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RangerDanger

Members online