2 stroke oil added to tank etc

res0wc18

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the energy factor is a big consideration, and since i assume it burns real hot it must burn better

yoslick

Reaction score
Anybody do Blackstone lab work on their engine oil? Mine came back real high in the copper/metals section due to the 2-stroke in the fuel, seems part of the lubrication that 2 stroke gives is due to high concentrations of copper in it.....

Slick

aggitator

Reaction score
I'm affraid the high metal/copper count in you engine oil sample would more than likely be bearing wear,not from using 2 stoke oil.:eek:

NCheek

Howdy
Reaction score
Anybody do Blackstone lab work on their engine oil? Mine came back real high in the copper/metals section due to the 2-stroke in the fuel, seems part of the lubrication that 2 stroke gives is due to high concentrations of copper in it.....

Slick

Just to be safe, discontinue using your 2 stroke oil an do another blackstone and see if you numbers improve. If not, you have bigger problems than fuel mileage and lubricity on your hands...

yoslick

Reaction score
Actually I already did that sort of, had an analysis done when I got it, 6 mos later I did it again just to get a track record going but about 3 mos prior I had started using the 2 stroke in the fuel and the copper went up, if it was another type of metal I'd be really worried. Heres a copy of my report- I'm about due for an oil change so it will be interesting to see what I get this time as I'm gonna send in a sample..

Slick

Attachments

• D43840.pdf
    17.4 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:

NCheek

Howdy
Reaction score
Just make sure to let them know that you are adding X amount of 2 stroke oil per gallon of diesel and tell them what brand, and maybe that will account for the copper...

res0wc18

Full Access Member
Reaction score
so it was able to carry more metals when its picked up in the fuel system then or did it actually carry more in the mix itself?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RangerDanger