(2) IDI Turbo kits for sale ~ $500 for both.

homelessduck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I picked these up the other day.. The factory turbo kit is only missing the part that blocks off the old CDR holes, as far as I can tell. It was on a running engine that blew a head gasket. I was told that there was no excessive smoke or oil consumption. The other kit ... I have no idea what it is. It looks like it may be home made.. :dunno:confused: It has some leaves and gunk in the turbo, and is hard to spin, so it would probably need to be rebuilt.

I would like to sell both of them together.. I don't need either of them, and I don't want them sitting around taking up space..

I am asking $500 plus shipping for everything pictured.

If you have any questions, need specific pictures, etc. , please PM me. I cannot guarantee the condition of these turbos because I have not personally ran them. So PLEASE ask all questions prior to buying.

You must be registered for see images attach

Black dawg

Reaction score
are there any numbers on the turbine housing of the homemade looking setup, and what style downpipe connection?

homelessduck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I will get you the numbers tomorrow. I have been told it is an old Hypermax kit, before they changed to the pulse setup. :dunno

Actually, give me 5 minutes. I will go look right now.

homelessduck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I see " M10" stamped on the housing, and there is a tag on the back with a few numbers. Which one do you need?

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yea that first one IS an old Hypermax, or it is the current kit for a van. Either way, without the exhaust parts, it's more than I would pay. I paid $400 for the same thing and when it was all said and done I saved zippo and had a used turbo instead of a new one.

dyoung14

Is getting worn out
Reaction score
Yea that first one IS an old Hypermax, or it is the current kit for a van. Either way, without the exhaust parts, it's more than I would pay. I paid $400 for the same thing and when it was all said and done I saved zippo and had a used turbo instead of a new one.

I was pretty sure it was the hypermax turbo, hypermax is proud of there individual parts:puke: you will pay more for the pipes for it than he is asking for the turbos

homelessduck

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Which pipes? The old Hypermax kit looks like it would be really easy to make the rest of the exhaust for it.

So $500 is too high? You know I am selling them together for $500, not $500 each, right? Please tell me what I should price them at , as I don't want to sit on these forever. :D

dyoung14

Is getting worn out
Reaction score
Which pipes? The old Hypermax kit looks like it would be really easy to make the rest of the exhaust for it.

So $500 is too high? You know I am selling them together for $500, not $500 each, right? Please tell me what I should price them at , as I don't want to sit on these forever. :D

He is saying it cost a fortune to finish the kit from hypermax, the up pipes are like 125 each

homelessduck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am basically selling the factory kit, and tossing the hypermax kit in with it. I have seen turbo kits sell on here for like $700, so I figured it would be a good deal for someone @ $500 for both. :dunno

That sucks about the up pipes. It would be way easier to just fab them yourself, or have an exhaust shop do it.

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I checked today with ATS in regards to the Pedestal/oil return/ turbo mount piece that is missing. ATS claims NO PARTS WHAT SO EVER AVAILABLE. They do plan on making a new kit so I was told and are retooling for it. YOU IDI guys sure like those old engines your nuts about them......We will have a new kit but not until next spring hopefully. Asked again about parts and was told No old stock no parts nadda what so ever. :(

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RangerDanger

Members online