1st post and question about rear gears

squirrel64

Reaction score
I'd be interested in seeing that myself

And LCAM I have been all day hunting online for a 5.11 tranny. May have found one, but about three hours away. Everything local closed sunday.

Last edited:

squirrel64

Reaction score
I got the 5.1:1 tranny. Will be going Wednesday to pick it up. Hope it will help some. I will report back after I get this and new clutch in. Hopefully not to sell it:D

Thanks for all the help:hail

LCAM-01XA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Good, hopefully the current PTO works out for your new trans. If you don' mind me asking, how much does the seller want for the wide-ratio trans?

squirrel64

Reaction score
I paid 350 for it. A little high but I'll have it and new clutch here by Thursday and ready to put in Friday weather permitting

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I paid 350 for it. A little high but I'll have it and new clutch here by Thursday and ready to put in Friday weather permitting

Precisely, you have to pull transmission to install a new clutch, that's a given, so swapping one is just a wee bit more work, make sure you set your PTO depth correctly too BTW don't wanna burn up gears n such.

Now swapping a DIFF, is a whole nother ball game as you still have clutch to do so you end up compounding work efforts IMHO

I sure hope that new trans helps out!

I've gotta get pics of my 205 with PTO? WTFover guyes...it's just a PTO, OK will do, BTW it's NOT installed in the truck it's on a bin waiting a 203 gear box to be installed in front of it first!

LCAM-01XA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah, swapping axles would end up costing about the same but cause lots more downtime, and improvement would be fairly marginal IMHO. With the trans swap all is indeed done at once, just so long as the PTO works with the new trans. And since it was mentioned, how does one go about setting up PTO depth? Is it done by stacking gaskets, like the transmission input shaft endplay?

And yeah, I know what a PTO looks like, and I know what a 205 looks like, I even know what a 203-205 doubler looks like. But I've never seen a PTO on a 205, hence the request for pics.

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
....And since it was mentioned, how does one go about setting up PTO depth? Is it done by stacking gaskets, like the transmission input shaft endplay?

YES and why am I seeming like the one to be a newsbearer all the time? Towcat IIRC was the one whom mentioned that and I looked into it some time ago about ZF's but don't be quoting me on it...cause I could be wrong... LOL

And yeah, I know what a PTO looks like, and I know what a 205 looks like, I even know what a 203-205 doubler looks like. But I've never seen a PTO on a 205, hence the request for pics.[/QUOTE]

Ok I'm just not seeing that a PTO on a Tcase is much different than one on a transmission LOL but I'll accommodate you tomorrow, I just forgot today, not enough roundtuits in the shop! LOL

rlb245

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've got to say this has turned out to be a great post. The response to this young mans problem was awe some. So much information in one place. But with all this talk about PTO's I've got to wonder what are you using the PTO for. As an Indiana plow boy our PTO's on the tractor's we're used to power attachments like the hay bailer, cycle bar cutter and so on.
WHY ADD A PTO

91idi

Fiberglass *****
Reaction score
Turn hydraulic pumps for winches, plows,ect. Or power an air compressor, who knows, even have a tractor style pto out the back. A truck pto is not like the tractor style.

squirrel64

Reaction score
If anybody needs a 6.32:1 1st gear 2wd t19, a man just contacted me from ebay from trucks and trailers direct. They have at least one. They are gonna be expensive but there it is if u need:D

EDIT :
They are
Sold Outright no core charge
Remanufactured by Fleetpride
1 year or 100,000 mile warranty

Last edited:

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
...And yeah, I know what a PTO looks like, and I know what a 205 looks like, I even know what a 203-205 doubler looks like. But I've never seen a PTO on a 205, hence the request for pics.

You must be registered for see images attach

That good enough for ya'll...like I said, on a fruit bin, waiting for a 203 and adapter to make a doubler!

LCAM-01XA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That good enough for ya'll...like I said, on a fruit bin, waiting for a 203 and adapter to make a doubler!
Perfectly good enough, yes. I just wanted to see where the PTO falls with respect to the input/output shafts, looks like it may actually clear the exhaust on mine, well barely but clear is clear.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
olsen726