1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1st gen cummins oil burner.

Discussion in '1st Generation Cummins' started by Joe Blow, Jul 20, 2015.

1. Joe Blow

Joe Blow Registered User

what are some of you 1st gen cummins oil burning guys using as electric lift pumps. thanks

2. dieselfollower

dieselfollower Registered User

Totally not what you asked for, but I run a mechanical 12 psi piston pump from THD. Got 150 gallons of WMO but have only run a whopping 5 gal. so far

RetiringColt likes this.
  3. RetiringColt

RetiringColt Supporting Member Supporting Member

I have a 90 W250 and also run THD low pressure piston lift pump. I run a Larry B's liquid filled pressure gauge on the end of the banjo bolt after filter. Gives me some insight into how the filter is doing. I probably have somewhere around 30-50k miles and no issues. I preferred to keep as much as I can mechanical. The hungry diesel sells as a complete kit. The only thing extra I had to buy was a 90° hose barb fitting for the rubber line to the pump.

4. u2slow

u2slow Plan B

Not going electric.

Running stock diaphragm at the moment with a water separator (Racor copy) on the suction side.

Intend to go with the piston pump style when I revamp the fuel system. I have a NIB Carter 2ndgen pump I'm going to re-spring for lower pressure.