1995 PSD

BlueCrew

Reaction score
There is a guy selling a 1995 F-250 PSD an he says theres a small problem with it He says it starts an runs fine until the engine get warm an then he lose half power ( I'm assuming he means his trucks runs like crap) an the check engine light come on. Does anybody no what this means

NJKen

is a daddy!
Reaction score
You could get it scanned and see what codes are in the computer. That would be the best way to find out whats might be going on. The most likely cause is a bad UVC harness and/or connector.
Ken

69oiler

I don't feel tardy
Reaction score
if he loses half power that could be the UVC (under valve cover) harness like NJKen said. if this connector/harness had a poor connection then that bank of cylinders will not fire.

Mike

Stroker
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You'll need to pull the codes to be sure but there are a number of possibilities here, one being the UVCH which were mentioned above. If it is the UVC's then you should have a pronounced miss along with the power loss.

If the power loss is just a "seat of the pants truck has no umphh" loss then possibly the EBPV is closing and restricting exhaust flow which should make a loud whooshing noise This is usually an intermittent type of problem though, so some times when warm she should run just fine and then fall on her face when the valve closes.

Or a third possibility is that he needs to rebuild the IPR valve and this one is the one getting my bet. Truck runs fine, idles fine when cold but when it warms up it has no power and should also display a lope or more likely a surge in the idle.