1994 F250

dieselfuelonly444

Reaction score
Haven't been on here since I traded my '86 Dually for a 79 F250. I'm once again trading, this time for a 1994 F250 XLT Ext. Cab 4x4 7.3 Factory Turbo. Truck's got 180xxx on it and needs some interior work. It had sat over this past winter and the starter had froze up. Owner is putting a new starter in it ths weekend and hopefully I'll be driving it home Saturday or Sunday. Anything I should be on the lookout for in particular due to this being a turbo, instead of N/A, when checking out the truck again this weekend? Thanks.

franklin2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Make sure it's dead cold when you try to start it. It may need ether to start and you won't know that once it's warmed up.

dieselfuelonly444

Reaction score
The guys been takin' his time getting a starter in it. Bout a week ago he finally got the starter out. Past weekend he bought a starter for it, turned out being the wrong one, somehow, so he's currently in the process of taking it back and getting a new one. Which means I might have the truck in time for the IDI rally... Of 2015 :rotflmao

dieselfuelonly444

Reaction score
If this guy takes much longer I'm gonna tell him forget about it and then I can forsee a 6.9 IDI swap in my 79's near future.

Zxmazza

Reaction score
Well if it gets done and u go to check it out, check the coolant level; if low pull oil dipstick to make sure its not milky. If oil isnt milky while u got it out make sure theres no fuel in the oil. Past that if it runs good when fired just take a walk around not forgetting to overlook anything (namely rubber parts) tht u should be prepared to replace/update (injector return, fuel filter, glow plugs...etc.) the usual. :) good luck

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk