1994 E350 trailer brake connector

RocketScott

Reaction score
I can’t find the connector to install the trailer brake controller on my van. From what I can tell it had the trailer package installed at the factory. The blue wire from the 7 pin goes forward along the frame rail with all the other wires (trough factory connectors).

All I can find under the dash is this connector:
You must be registered for see images attach

Next to the power distribution box under the hood I found this plug:
You must be registered for see images attach

Neither of the blue wires in those connectors has continuity with the blue wire going to the trailer plug. I’ve got the dash apart and I don’t see anything else except for a six pin connector next to the Hvac controls that has a blue/white wire that doesn’t have continuity either.

Am I missing a part of the wiring harness? A wiring diagram would be nice. It’s hard to find good information about vans.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

chillman88

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The one in the first pic looks like the one in my 91.

Do the two blue wires in the plugs have continuity to each other? I'm thinking maybe that one under the hood is supposed to plug into something else.

RocketScott

Reaction score
It should be a rectangular 6 pin. Only four are used.

The plug I pictured inside has continuity with the plug by the power distribution box. Orange is 12v switched, yellow is 12v constant, blue and grey-red just seem to just pass through.

I found this description of the trailer towing wiring but it’s for a newer van:

https://www.fleet.ford.com/truckbbas/non-html/2000/130_133.PDF

RocketScott

Reaction score
Following up in case anyone searches.

The blue trailer wire went all the way to the large connector on the firewall and stopped there. There wasn’t a matching pin on the interior plug.

Looks like it didn’t have a trailer towing package even though all the wires were lead under the van for a 7 pin trailer plug.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IDIBronco86

Members online