1993 Ford F-Super Duty XLT - "Log Truck" (new to me truck-pic heavy)

FORDF250HDXLT

The life of an Indian is like the wings of the air
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Need to Block her down some more,guys.She's still too tall to fell here.
You must be registered for see images attach

That will do it! The last 20' stick can be felled now and log truck can come in and make light work of the trunk after I clean up...........Hey,who's gunna help me clean up this mess anyway? Guys....Hey wait!.....Guys!!! OILBURNERS!!!!! OK that's it.See if I bring you guys to work with me again!:D

OOPS! ^ I took out the fence! Just messin.I just peeled that back out of the way a bit before I headed up.Not so much for this tree but the one closest to the fence,she leans over it,so I can now just drop it down in sections.Small ones,cus the septic system is just 20' away.That's one for tomorrow.

Now it's time to feed chip truck!.....Yeah.All alone.Thanks a lot guys! lol.

FORDF250HDXLT

Supporting Member
Reaction score
OK that will do it for today.It's getting dark and it's Thursday! Football night calls! Time to get out of here.

This has been chip truck,on the log truck show.

And that's the daily life of chip truck.Hope you enjoyed this nights special on the log truck show.The NFL can't compete with this!......Well ok the game might get a few more views.:D

asmith

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Random question. Can you chip up dimensional lumber in a chipper? Like if you have some old twisted beams that are no good say 6x10 could you feed it through there if there are no nails or hardware?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FORDF250HDXLT

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Fun stuff, I don't get to use my spurs much, mostly just rope and saddle down here. What size chipper is that?

Salsco 6" with 3 cylinder Lombardini diesel.

Salsco Wood Chipper With Raptor Tintable Bed Liner

Random question. Can you chip up dimensional lumber in a chipper? Like if you have some old twisted beams that are no good say 6x10 could you feed it through there if there are no nails or hardware?

Probably but it's very ******* the the knifes.You only want to chip freshly cut brush.Whenever someone has some old brush piles they also want removed,I always just haul it off,rather than try and chip it.

asmith

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Salsco 6" with 3 cylinder Lombardini diesel.

Salsco Wood Chipper With Raptor Tintable Bed Liner

Probably but it's very ******* the the knifes.You only want to chip freshly cut brush.Whenever someone has some old brush piles they also want removed,I always just haul it off,rather than try and chip it.

Is that because the wood is dry? I have a house I am working on that has a huge pile of lumber that has been sitting out for years and is useless. Can't burn it and it would cost a fortune to take to the dump I thought maybe we could rent a chipper and make wood chips but didn't know if it would work.

FORDF250HDXLT

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah because it's dried.No 6" would handle a beam that size and I'm sure you would give a 12" chipper a run for it's money trying too.Defiantly not worth attempting.The best bet would be to cut it up with a chainsaw and use it for firewood or put it out by the road,cut into 16" lengths and sell or give it away as camp wood.

asmith

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It would just take forever. I will have to get a picture of this pile it is massive. Thousands of dollars worth of wood just ruined.

FORDF250HDXLT

Supporting Member
Reaction score
What happened to it? Why wasn't it stacked and covered? It might take a while to cut it up into firewood,but if it's been sitting for years,what's a day or two's worth of cutting compared?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
William88