1993 f-superduty (450) Diesel

offroadohio

Reaction score
As much as I hate to do this already I must. I spent a little more than I should have in hte past couple months so something must go and this is it.

The basics.

1993 f-superduty (450)
7.3 IDI (not powerstroke) non turbo engine
zf5 Manual transmission
This is a factory stretched truck and set up for a 14foot dump bed. I'll have to get the measurment for sure but I believe its roughly 10 feet from the back of the cab to the center of rear axle. Has rear disc brakes.

The problems.
ZF5 is eventualy gonna need a rebuild. its pops out of 4th gear on downshifts aad has some crazy noises when there is no load on it.

Truck also starts hard, ive replaced the mechanical lift pump and the return lines as well as fuel filter. I think the hard start issue is cuased by either a dragging starter or weak batteries but cant garuntee anything. Sometiems it fires on the first few cranks others it;ll crank the batteries dead and never fire. However ocne it starts the first time it runs fine and will restart unless it sits for about an hour.

$2500 OBO Located in Roseville, Ohio Free and clear title.

You must be registered for see images attach

offroadohio

Reaction score
Ok, the hard start is definately bad batteries. I took the batteries out of my two gasser trucks and it fired almost instantly. I'll leave them in so it can be started but they wont go with the truck.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Grizzly Wrecker

Members online